What are you going to do...?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
What are you going to do if the Feds send you a check for $800 or even $1600?
Pipes, tobacco, lawn mowers, or save it for a rainy day?
I am thinking that maybe I should spend it to help our economy.
But maybe things will get worse.
Any thoughts?
Bub

Bub":se830rmf said:
What are you going to do if the Feds send you a check for $800 or even $1600?
Pipes, tobacco, lawn mowers, or save it for a rainy day?
I am thinking that maybe I should spend it to help our economy.
But maybe things will get worse.
Any thoughts?
Bub
Spend it on a Danish Pipe and throw the gov through a loop;)

I am planning on going to Florida with my family, my parents and my brother and his family. So I am sure I need to save it for that. But I do have my eye on a estate dunhill of my birthyear. And I am eyeing a used browning bl-22 rifle at a store here. Darn I need to claim more dependants.

Hard to say at this point. It would be great if the politicians would open their collective eyes then we might not need things like this in the first place....

Midnight Blues":n4uz50qk said:
Hard to say at this point. It would be great if the politicians would open their collective eyes then we might not need things like this in the first place....
Indeed- frankly I seriously doubt it will even come close to helping.

It'll go straight to bills. Though I am happy if I can get some of my own tax money back.

$1600?

At $7.52 per tin, that would be,,,,,,,,,,,

71 tins of Maltese Falcon
71 tins of Maduro Cut Cake
71 tins of Nocturne

I'm in the dark here, are we supposed to have our votes bought with our own money..again?

Last time that happened it only when to people with dependents. Are they talking across the board on this one?

Hold your horses boys!

Don't count your chickens before your eggs hatch!

I heard today that the Dems are putting up a fight, declaring that the tax rebate is not fair unless everyone gets money even if they didn't pay into the tax system. They are trying to block the rebate the way it is proposed right now.

The Dems already have their pie and are eating it too. It's called the Earned Income Tax Credit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for desert they have given us the Alternative Minimum Tax. All is well in the kingdom; the peasants (piss ants) are warm, well fed and soundly asleep.

thomas james":jqd3jj5t said:
The Dems already have their pie and are eating it too. It's called the Earned Income Tax Credit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for desert they have given us the Alternative Minimum Tax. All is well in the kingdom; the peasants (piss ants) are warm, well fed and soundly asleep.
And woefully ignorant, without the likelihood that they will pull themselves out from in front of the idiot box long enough to learn anything;)

thomas james":5w4596x5 said:
The democrats said today that even those that only earn enough for the "earned income tax credit", as well as those on welfare, social security and possibly even illegal aliens if they can figure it out, should get a lump sum along with the tax paying middle class and wealthy or the rebate wouldn't be fair.

Justpipes":ciqq8v2d said:
thomas james":ciqq8v2d said:
The democrats said today that even those that only earn enough for the "earned income tax credit", as well as those on welfare, social security and possibly even illegal aliens if they can figure it out, should get a lump sum along with the tax paying middle class and wealthy or the rebate wouldn't be fair.
Wait a minute-- you expected something different? Get it straight: The Democrats are criminally negligent. And the Republicans are war mongers who eat their young:) It's really very simple.

The Earned Income Tax Credit is a "refund?" beyond the taxes that were withheld.
It's income redistribution and in reality an increase in the minimum wage. They only added "earned" and "income" to its name in order to legitamize it,,,,,,,,,,,like "Affirmative" and "Action." It's not what it IS, it's what you call IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is is ?

thomas james":nrpo507a said:
The Earned Income Tax Credit is a "refund?" beyond the taxes that were withheld.
It's income redistribution and in reality an increase in the minimum wage. They only added "earned" and "income" to its name in order to legitamize it,,,,,,,,,,,like "Affirmative" and "Action." It's not what it IS, it's what you call IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is is ?
Thomas I'm fully aware what it is, but other than being something better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick-- I don't know. What I do know is when it was announced as a fix by GW the market tanked as if to say-- too little too late. Traders and market movers said all at once "You've got to be kidding me. Nobody bought it. Even my dog said "Errrahh?"

jhuggett":6p1etchq said:
Last time that happened it only when to people with dependents. Are they talking across the board on this one?
Last time I happened was either '01 or '02. And it was across the board. Nobody depends on me and I got it.

So far as I've read into it to date, it's across the board, all and sundry. Including this guy -----> :alien:

IF it happens, I'll most likely pay some bills....

buy new tires for my SUv....er... my alternative energy vehicle, sorry. :D

Or blow it on some schtuff I really don't need like... :scratch: ... I can't come up with a thing I don't need on some level.

The really bizarre thing about the Earned Income Tax Credit is that if spouses file seperate returns and one is a low income earner he/she can get it. No matter what the other spouse makes.

For purple mountains majesty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,