What are you listening to

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrew Lloyd Webber rocks.

My box set of the Wynton Marsalis Septet, Live at the Village Vangaurd, came today.

It's in the queue; right behind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Songs Without Words",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Murray Perahia
"Simply Baroque",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yo Yo Ma
Teleman Trumpet Concertos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hakan Hardenberger
"La Cetra",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Antonio Vivaldi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Paul Makanowitzky/Vladimir Golschmann/Vienna State Opera.

I yoosta own a kick ass stereo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Go ahead George,,,,,,,,,,,,,,post a pic of your rack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,make me feel bad.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

thomas james":hf7id9to said:
mark":hf7id9to said:
The Beginning of British Blues,
1812 Overture?
Jimmie Driftwood and Johnny Horton would be POed if they saw that.

Anyway, it's "The Legend of Johnny Cash" trying to work it's way thru my Realtek High Def audio system.

Last night, I was listening to some music from the movie Easy Rider.

Some great stuff in the film..."The Weight" from The Band, some good stuff from Hendrix and the Byrds. and of course Steppenwolf.

Listening to Born to be Wild got me searching for more Steppenwolf. Listened to "The Pusher" for the first time in years.

Written by Hoyt Axton (!) this song gained a lot of notoriety for its taking the Lord's name in vain in the lyrics. But what a powerful anti-drug message (of course you have to temper that with the admission right from the start that "I've smoked a lot of grass, and I've popped a lot of pills"). But, I don't know, it just hit me differently than it did when I heard it in high school.

Mike

Yo-Yo Ma & Friends: Songs of Joy & Peace
A Christmas Gift from the Inlaws- Just came in.
It's got a variety of artist working with Yo-Yo: James Taylor, Chris Thile, Alison Krauss, among a bunch I've never heard of.
Not bad!

Smooth Jazz...........John Coltrane.....relaxing.

Winslow :sunny:

1970indianolamississippof9.jpg

Did a double take on that B.B.King cover,,,

listening to ZZ TOP

I heard a great interview on NPR recently with Steve Earl and his son Justin Townes Earl.

On TV is a Nashville-style "Guitar Pull" featuring Elvis Costello, Roseanne Cash, Kris Kristofferson, John Mellencamp, and Norah Jones.

(Ms. Cash was saying that her father's Guitar Pulls would routinely be Johnny, June, Kris, Dylan, Joni Mitchell, half the Sun Records crew... imagining growing up and hearing the first draft of "Both Sides Now" or "Me & Bobby McGee" in your folks' living room!)