Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Again…Chucho Valdes: Solo Live in New York. If you love solo jazz piano this needs to be on your play list. He did a great album with Chick Correa but I like Live in New York. It’s so Cuban.

So that…plus a little Stephane Grappelli here and there. He does Gershwin so very well.

4FC1061B-92D3-407C-895F-48C81710EF70.jpeg

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
So this deserves a post of its own.

Stephane Grappelli. His early stuff with Django Reinhardt is pretty incredible. Anything of him doing classics from Gershwin, Cole Pirter, Jerome Kern…all to be cherished.

Favorite: Stardust. Written by Hoagy Carmichael.

And BTW…watched “To Have and Have Not” starring Bogart and Bacall recently? Hoagy is the piano player in the bar and they have him do one if his really cute numbers. Worth watching!

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
I've been taking naps, when possible, to this channel. There are several others, but I like how this user focuses in a smaller spectrum. If you don't like the Grateful Dead because of the vocals or the country influence or something else, maybe you can find something in the wonderful improvisations. Or, maybe not?

peanubutter

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So, that Target commercial theme is engrained in my brain, I know I've listened to a bunch of music but can't name a one with that dang theme rummaging about.