Quantcast
  • ~ How to Use the New Software ~

Try logging in and if it is not accepting your password,, look to the bottom right corner of page for Contact Us and send a message.

What Are You Reading?

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Brewdude

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score

:cool:

Cheers,

RR

smoker13

Reaction score
OK - I've noticed a plethora of books by C J Box being mentioned here. I've never heard of this author. Can anybody giveme a basic summary of what his books (they look to be a series?) are like/about?

Brewdude

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
OK - I've noticed a plethora of books by C J Box being mentioned here. I've never heard of this author. Can anybody giveme a basic summary of what his books (they look to be a series?) are like/about?

C.J. Box is a resident of WY and his novels have a lot to do with that state, the wildlife, scenery, geography, and the rough and tumble characters that can often be found in the rural areas. Many of his books focus on the exploits of Joe Pickett who is a game warden and has many adventures as well as misadventures.

Box has a very down to earth style and brings his characters to life as well as putting in various plot arcs and twists which are very cleverly done. Some of his books about Pickett are very earthy and gritty. And being as Box lives in WY he is a natural to describe the various areas in a way which brings them to life. I'm on a tear right now to read the entire series of Joe Pickett novels as well as some of his other works.

HTH

Cheers,

RR