What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91S5l+KdZYL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Meh!

Cheers,

RR

I'm reading Raymond Chandler's novels. I finished "The Big Sleep", his first novel, and have started on "Trouble is My Business," a collection of short stories, published in magazines, before The Big Sleep. Next up is "Farewell My Lovely." I can't help but hear Marlowe in Humphrey Bogart's voice.

Idlefellow":ct7h4zfe said:
I just finished Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann, about the Osage murders in eastern Oklahoma and the beginnings of the FBI.  Interesting tale.
That was a good one. A lot to take in, what people are capable of.

I'm currently reading More Better Deals by Joe Lansdale. I find that I enjoy Joe's books more than any others.

The Real Heroes of Telemark by Ray Mears.

You've perhaps seen the film, and this is a more factual account of the successful mission to sabotage Hitler's plans to produce heavy water - a key element needed to make the atomic bomb - at the plant in Vemork, Norway.

Make no mistake, the saboteurs were nails.

91o-HcP0DLL._AC_UL320_.jpg

First in a series of novels from a collaboration between writers John Sandford and Michele Cook. Pretty good actually and I have the next installment at hand.

Cheers,

RR

The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas (Audible). Probably my favorite book, have read it multiple times along with the rest in the series

D.L.Ruth":iesfahwx said:
The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas (Audible). Probably my favorite book, have read it multiple times along with the rest in the series
I am on the waiting list at the local library for this digital book and audiobook.its at least 6 weeks on the audiobook and 8 weeks for the digital book.

91PEB4g29nL._AC_UY218_.jpg

#2 in the 3 part series between the collaboration of Sandford and Cook. I actually read the #3 offering in this semi-recently but will now go back and re-read it in order to more fully understand the plot to date. Good stuff!

Cheers,

RR

915k35UODAL._AC_UY218_.jpg

First time with this author C.J. Box and this is his first novel in the Joe Pickett series. Gotta admit this grabbed me right from the start and I binge read it. Good stuff!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":2x3f638y said:
index.aspx

Another good 'un in the Joe Pickett series.

Cheers,

RR
Rande, you are veritable bookworm! You're munching through the titles!

re-reading the Master and Commander series by Patrick O'Brian.
with my change of jobs, i don't have the time to read much anymore.