What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
816iR2vd7UL._AC_UY218_.jpg

8)

Cheers,

RR

1603070456481.png

I worked for one of the Post break-up companies, Standard Oil of Indiana, when I got out of college. Rockefeller was an interesting and amazing man; complex yet down to earth.

I continue to read Titan - the Rockefeller book is proving difficult to finish, the man lived a very long time!

"With The Old Breed" by E.B.Sledge. I have wanted to read it after seeing the "Pacific" series years ago.
"Quartered Safe Out Here" by Fraser George Macdonald. A memoir of his experiences in Burma during World War II

index.aspx

I had high expectations for this factual account of the Lewis & Clark expedition but sadly it was not to be. While I've read and enjoyed several Stephen Ambrose books this bogged down in too much minute detail and I found it cumbersome reading. Never made it past the first few chapters and those were a chore.

No Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Good stuff. This novel in particular introduces some things that are now more apparent in other later works since I've been reading these out of order.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude - Couldn't agree with you more re: the Ambrose book. I bought that about a decade ago and the same thing happened to me.

Oh, to get back to the post; I'm currently reading WESTERING MAN by Bil Gilbert. It's an attempt at a biography of "mountain man" Joseph Walker. It's ok, but you can tell that the author is out of his element as he doesn't have a truly informed feel for the fur trade history.