What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
index.aspx

Compelling and intriguing. I binge read this in a few days. Highly recommended.

(y)

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Fascinating account of George "Machine Gun" Kelly and his road to incarceration on "The Rock". Also interesting was the history of that era in the 30's and how the Great Depression created infamous gangsters like Kelly. Highly recommended.

(y)

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Fascinating accounts of real life famous people in the old west such as Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, Buffalo Bill Cody, Doc Holliday, Jesse James, Wild Bill Hickcock, Custer, and many more.

(y)

Cheers,

RR

index.aspx

Incredible book. Compelling and gripping detailed accounts of the events before and after the assassination. Highly recommended!

(y)

Cheers,

RR
I couldn't agree with you more. I read this last summer and each page kept me fueled for more and more!
index.aspx

Interesting and comprehensive account of the Indian Wars.

(y)

Cheers,

RR
My wife bought this for my birthday in July, knowing I loved the Lincoln book and always read SO MUCh 19th century American history, particularly in regards to Native American issues. It was a really good read.

I'm on the third volume of "The Army of the Potomac" by Bruce Catton. Perfect for pipe smoking on the front porch. When I'm finished I have a copy of Rebel Yell by S.C. Gwynne about Stonewall Jackson:

ArmyofPotomac.jpeg
Gwynne.jpeg

Right now I am reading Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer. After I finish it I will be reading Stalingrad by Antony Beevor and it the wings is "Forty Miles on Beans and Hay" which is about the American Army during the Indian Wars era.

51Ek0q12SgL._AC_UY218_.jpg

My cousin sent me this, as he's a big WWII buff. It's a factual account of Bert Stiles and his experiences as 1st Lieut and co-pilot during his required 35 missions in a B-17 Flying Fortress. This greatly interested me since my late Pap piloted B-17's and B-24's during his tour. Pap was one of the lucky ones to come home.

Bert decided to stay on after his required # of missions and then got trained as a fighter pilot. Sadly he was shot down shortly after that and died. He was only 23 years old.

Being as Bert was no accomplished author when he wrote this autobiography while flying the "forts", some of the narrative wanders a bit. And there's plenty of his misc ramblings on other subjects. Sometimes his grammar isn't perfect. No matter though. It's a day by day account of the real lives of real men who put their life on the line for duty and country.

🇺🇸

Cheers,

RR

I’m working my way (slowly but surely) through A Sand County Almanac and Teaching with Love amd Logic.