What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Very good read! Will start on Solomon's Key after that. Does anyone know if Solomon's Key is a Dan Brown under a pen name.

BubbaL002":ia0hyxsb said:
American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Very good read! Will start on Solomon's Key after that. Does anyone know if Solomon's Key is a Dan Brown under a pen name.
Not Dan Brown.

You're getting into American Gods? I started to read it a while back, got about 3/4 through it and kind of petered out on it. I may have to try it again and see if I can get through it. If you liked that, try Underword...I believe that's the name of it...another by Neil Gaiman. Good book. I finished that one twice :)

hazmat":k1v44fzj said:
If you liked that, try Underword...
Do you perhaps mean InterWorld?

Good Omens (cowritten with Terry Pratchett) is also great. Anasazi Boys comes recommended, but I haven't read it myself.

I'm reading the Ted Dekker's Circle Trilogy (Black, Red and White are the books). Good stuff. More modern than my usual reading, but there's a lot going on to keep it interesting. There are elements of Christian allegory, fantasy, and modern suspense novel. It's a change of pace for me.

Also started reading O'Reilly Books "Security Warrior." I got it free at my office, as one of the authors used to work for my company. Pretty interesting if you are into hard core IT security.

-Andrew

Empire Falls, by Russo. Won the pulitzer prize a few years back. Falls into a local history category
being set in Maine and concerning small town life and times. I'm lovin' it.
AC

A Concise History of Germany
By Mary Fulbrook
I'm always interested in reading about my Welsh & German ancestory.

Just started Jimmy Buffet's "A Pirates Look at Fifty" So far so good.

I just finished three books:

The dark Tower 2: the drawing of the three by Stephen King

The alphabet of Manliness by Maddox

Lullaby by Chuck Palahuniuk

I am now half way through my 50th anniversary edition of The Lord of the Rings...for the 4th time

Started The Inner Jefferson, Portrait of a Grieving Optimist By Andrew Burstein.

Just finished "At the Mercy of the Mountains: True stories of Survival and Tragedy in the Adirondaks"

Just Started "The Camel Club" By: David Baldacci

Just started "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. I have read it once before, but certain books and authors I will revisit if it really grabs me and I enjoy it. I have several I read over time to time as the mood strikes me.

Currently reading The Day of Battle by Rick Atkinson and The Annotated Sherlock Holmes, Just finished The Pipe Book by A Dunhill. Waiting in the wings is Brisinger by Christopher Paolini. After that my annual reading of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Just finished the last 10 pages or so of Darkfall (Dean Koontz). Next up is Koontz "The Taking" which I will probably start on this weekend.

Just finished "Nathan's Run" by: John Gilstrap
Starting "A question of proof" by: Joseph Amiel

I'm going to have to read some of Augustine's Confessions this coming week for class. I started on S.S. Montefiore's biography if Stalin last week but it's just been sitting on the shelf because I've had plenty of work to do in school. I'm not interested in reading it now really--I think I'll start back on Bulgakov's Master and Margarita sometime soon. If I don't before Finals season, I won't until the semester is done.

Dillon":umfhtg7b said:
I'm going to have to read some of Augustine's Confessions this coming week for class. I started on S.S. Montefiore's biography if Stalin last week but it's just been sitting on the shelf because I've had plenty of work to do in school. I'm not interested in reading it now really--I think I'll start back on Bulgakov's Master and Margarita sometime soon. If I don't before Finals season, I won't until the semester is done.
Master and Margarita is a great book! Have you ever read it before?

Aaron":61fj9s1i said:
Master and Margarita is a great book! Have you ever read it before?
I read the first two chapters this summer when I bought it, put I put it down then for some stupid reason. I need to get back into the Russian writers before I lose my whole sense of being. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.