What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several in process right now...

2016-2020 Extra Class FCC Element 4 Study Guide by Gordon West

Integrated Forest Gardening by Weisman, Halsey, and Ruddick

The Beekeeper’s Handbook by Sammataro and Avitabile

"Doctor in the House" by Richard Gordon. Humorous account of a medical student's education in London at a less than respected institution. Seems to be set in the middle of the 190''s but this isn't immediately clear as there are no references to dates.

In any case it's a rather obscure book that I read about somewhere and decided to check out. Glad I did.

Now onto "The Scarlet Pimpernel". Never read it before and wanted to take a swing at it to see if it catches. One chapter in and pleased to report it has hooked me.

Cheers,

RR

Scarlet Pimpernel. I'm sure I've read it way back, but for some reason I can't remember what it's about.

CharlG":xjwbqzr4 said:
Scarlet Pimpernel. I'm sure I've read it way back, but for some reason I can't remember what it's about.
The French Revolution, through the experiences of some Brits who opposed the movement and aided in it's demise. Or at least as far as I've gotten into it thus far.

Forgot to mention I just completed "Tarzan of the Apes" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I was a big fan of the B&W movies back in the day and always wanted to read the original.

Cheers,

RR

The Scarlet Pimpernel was a favorite back in high school. As I recall a very good read.

Currently reading Blitzfreeze by Sven Hassle.

Boy’s Life by Robert McCammon—about halfway through and so far it’s a magical tale of coming of age in a small Alabama town in the mid-sixties. Doesn’t shy away from the darkness, either, quite enjoying it for both his pure storytelling chops and its authenticity.

That was a very good book,I enjoy most of McCammon's work.

I'm reading the new Stephen King/Owen King novel, "Sleeping Beauties", so far it's pretty good.

GrampaGrossbart":pi8cufog said:
Boy’s Life by Robert McCammon—about halfway through and so far it’s a magical tale of coming of age in a small Alabama town in the mid-sixties. Doesn’t shy away from the darkness, either, quite enjoying it for both his pure storytelling chops and its authenticity.

Just started reading: Crime and Punishment

By: Fyodor Dostoyevsky

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just started reading:

Couple Next Door, it's a reprint paperback

Author: Shari Lapena

KEEP ON PUFFING WHILE READING A GOOD BOOK!!!

Currently reading in Kindle form, the sixth volume of the Aubrey/Maturin series from Patrick O'Brian titled "The Fortune of War".

Such a compelling and well written series by O'Brian. Those of you who have an interest in the Napoleonic wars and naval engagement of that period would do well to check out the series.

Regards,

One I always meant to read in my youth but for whatever reason never did, Jules Verne's "Journey to the Centre of the Earth"

The Portable Atheist by Christopher Hitchens. 489 pages

Just starting Linda Gordon's "The Second Coming of the KKK" -- which concentrates on the KKK in the north during the 1920s. I mention it now since one of the last photos in the photo section is a tobacco label from the All-American Cigar Co of Dallas of Klansman (a KKK rider on a sheeted horse :shock: )

It's been years since I read this book, I need an adventure again:

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

Author: Mark Twain

READING SOOTHES THE SOUL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.