What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dock

Reaction score
At the moment I'm throughly enjoying a book on wetshving called "Leisure Guy's Guide To Gourmet Shaving".It's really helping me fine tune my limited shaving skills! :lol:

How about you guys?

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Lately and on and off I have been reading parts of a book titled "The Real World of Sherlock Holmes: The True Crimes Investigated by Arthur Conan Doyle". It goes into detail about the actual crimes that Doyle helped Scotland Yard solve and which many of the Sherlock Holmes series are based upon. Very interesting!

An excellent read JP... You should also check out the DVD series "Murder Rooms" .It's the stories of Scottish medical professor Joe Bell who Doyle actually modeled Holmes after.They're much darker than the stoires that we're all familiar with...

Best,
Dock

I will check those out Dock. I saw them listed on amazon.com.

I've been going through Romans at a fairly brisk pace, great stuff in there. All of Paul's writings are packed full of good stuff, though.

I'm almost half way through Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. For me it seems like this book is fascinating for a bit then turns incredibly boring for a bit. I should finish it up as I have a stack of used books I picked up recently that I should get started on.

PipeBrew":lwp7glcy said:
I've been going through Romans at a fairly brisk pace, great stuff in there. All of Paul's writings are packed full of good stuff, though.

The Apostle Paul is awesome!

Chopper: A History of American Military Helicopter Operations from WWII to the War on Terror.

showme

I am currently reading Exodus and Mathew, Angels by Billy Grahm and For who the bell tolls by Hemingway.

The Story of the Irish Race by Seumas MacManus.

An Irish history book from the time of the Firbolg to 1938. I have read it before,but I promised Bro Tony to toss it in the truck so he could have a go at it when we met again. I find myself picking it up and starting over when all I intended was to reread some of the poetry.

On a political kick these past few weeks. "Common Ground" by Cal Thomas and Bob Berkel, "Blinded by the Right" by David Brock, "Lies and the Lying...etc. by Al Franken.

I especially liked "Common Ground" for the way it sums up the political gridlock that's been going on for the past 20-25 years and suggestions for fighting it. Also, because these guys look realistically at how hard it will be to accomplish this.

D.J. Perry":pjju0yi1 said:
At the moment I'm throughly enjoying a book on wetshving called "Leisure Guy's Guide To Gourmet Shaving".It's really helping me fine tune my limited shaving skills! :lol:

How about you guys?

Best,
Dock
Looking at Ken's avatar, it's quite evident as to why Ken doesn't frequent the "shaving thread". Dock, maybe if you loaned him your book, it might kindle his interest?

:p Paul

Funny, I am also reading Exodus. Also reading Sir Conan Doyle's "The Final Problem", and loving both!

I'm now gonna tackle reading "The Pipe Smoker's Ephemeris" Books 1 & 2 cover to cover.This many take me til' next Fall or longer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best,
Dock

Today I have picked up "_Joyful Path to Good Fortune_"by Geshe K. Gyatso,"_The Bourne Supremacy_" by Robert Ludlum,and will probably read Soho,DT suzuki,and Munenori before the day is out....
Tony

I posted a reading thread under the Community Direction's area and meant to post in the Round Table area, not ever having scrolled down far enough to see the Book Shelf area.

Dock quickly fixed my error - thanks for the very fast response, Dock - and so I found this thread. So,... I'll just add what I posted earlier to this thread.

Recently started Umberto Eco's "Faucault's Pendulum" and the new edition of Tom Rosenbauer's "The Orvis Fly Fishing Guide".

Sorry for all the confusion and the extra work for Dock. Cheers,

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.