What are you smokin'?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cigargod

Reaction score
Just thought I would start one of these for us who smoke cigars or both pipes and cigars.

Good morning all. Started the morning with a cabaguan petite and right now I am smoking a Don Pepin black label(cuban classic) robusto both with starbuck's guatemala.

Yipee! A cigar thread. Had a Indian Tobac Robusto this morning on my way to work. Got stuck in a meeting most of the morning and doesn't look like I'll get to smoke any more until this evening.
:|

I had a couple of Neos small cigars at work last night...haven't had the chance to smoke since.

Mikem":nk0wd9pr said:
I've been on a Arturo Fuentes Hemingway kick lately.
Mike I also enjoy the Hemingway series, I'm real fond of the "short story" just right when one's pressed for time and the taste is amazing.....

Just finished a Tatuaje gran cojuno, I was only able to smoke 2 cigars today and after lunch I smoked a San Cristobal francisco. Two great cigars that I would highly recomend to all.

Earlier today, Padron Churchill Maduro. After dinner tonight, a Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro with some espresso made with 100% fresh ground Kona coffee from the Hula Bean Coffee shop in Kailua-Kona.

D'.

Smoking a Perdomo Habano gordo corojo, great cigar until the last half of wich I have had to relight it twice. Yet it still tastes good.

Stopped off at the local cigar shop last night after having a great dinner at the new Irish Pub and restaurant that just opened up down the street and bought a couple Arturo Fuentes Hemingway's (my favorite of late) and was very disappointed with the smoke. Cigar seemed a little dry, burned unevenly and had a really hard draw :confused: . Hope the other one isn't the same as they both came from the same box.

Had me a La Paloma candela last night. Over 8 inches long and probably a 60 gauge.

Not the most pleasant cigar I ever had, but it was gifted to me by a good friend from another forum I lost touch with. I can't wait to smoke the other one! :face:

Rolys maduro. A survivor of a beetle hatching. My ac is not working and the house was in the 90s yesterday; I'm praying no beetles hatch this time.

Sure like to mow the parks later today and smoke a cigar. If I could, it would probably be a Perdomo from one of their fresh rolled wheel packages I have had stashed. But winds are supposed to be gusting into the 40mph range. Maybe if I can find a quiet place.

Right now I'm enjoying an arturo fuente gran reserva flor fina 8-5-8. Very nice.

My ac is not working and the house was in the 90s yesterday; I'm praying no beetles hatch this time.
Can't you just freeze everything, which would kill any beetles, and any larvae that are laying dormant?

HistoryMajor":8sw7g9fr said:
My ac is not working and the house was in the 90s yesterday; I'm praying no beetles hatch this time.
Can't you just freeze everything, which would kill any beetles, and any larvae that are laying dormant?
I heard the same thing. I too am curious if that would work if left in for a day or two and then thawed out and put back in the humidor after it has been purged of the beetles.

I too am curious if that would work if left in for a day or two and then thawed out and put back in the humidor after it has been purged of the beetles.
Yes, as far as I know.

Here's what I've read, and what I do whenever I get a new purchase that I'm chucking in my humidor:

Seal the smokes in freezer bags, two if you're concerned about freezer burn.
Place in fridge for 24 hours
Place in freezer for 48 hours. I should mention that lots of people do it for closer to three or four days.
Place in fridge for 24 hours
Remove from bag
Place in humi for a week minimum, to rehumidify and get them back to a stable state.

I don't actually do the fridge part. My parents would be pretty pissed if they went to make a sandwich and found a bag of cigars in their fridge. I also freeze them at a friend's place...for the same reason. :p

As far as I know, that is the best way to do it, and then keep your temperature below 70 F and your RH below 70%. That should stop anything from hatching. Easy to do up here, but a hell of a lot harder in Arizona I'd think...

P.S. I just finished an Ashton VSG lonsdale.