What Are You Smoking JimInks?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mejoshee

Reaction score
Ok, maybe this is overblown, but I think the man deserves his own thread.

I think it would also give him a chance to tell the world what exactly he does for a living that he can smoke & post all the time. :shock:8)

I'm j/k of course, but man, you make me jealous on a daily basis! :p

Maybe you are just the tip of the iceberg and those who never post smoke even more than you? I don't know how that would be humanly possible, though... :scratch:

I'm sitting here laughing, man. I'm sure there are others who smoke as much as I do. But I work at home as a graphic artist and writer, so I get to do all the smoking I want. And as you have seen, I want to smoke all the time. And I've built a tobacco stash to make sure I don't run out any time soon.

JimInks":yg1o1pjd said:
I'm sitting here laughing, man. I'm sure there are others who smoke as much as I do. But I work at home as a graphic artist and writer, so I get to do all the smoking I want. And as you have seen, I want to smoke all the time. And I've built a tobacco stash to make sure I don't run out any time soon.
 You should probably put this on recording...as you've been asked this before, if I recall correctly.
Great to be your own boss.  But more demanding, as far as results go, than working for one I imagine.

pepesdad1":cq34ef8c said:
JimInks":cq34ef8c said:
 You should probably put this on recording...as you've been asked this before, if I recall correctly.
Great to be your own boss.  But more demanding, as far as results go, than working for one I imagine.

Sometimes it's great, sometimes it isn't. Being a freelancer has many pitfalls, including having down time inbetween jobs and not getting paid. But I get to work at home, work my own schedule, smoke what I want when I want, listen to the music I want, and lots of baseball games, too. The rewards are give and take.

Ya, I've noticed how many times Jim posts to the "what you are smoking" thread. Looks like maybe 6 or so bowls/day.

Me, if I go beyond 3 or 4 max/day I'm burned out!

Don't know how you and maybe monbla can do it.

:shock: 

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":7r6scf3e said:
Ya, I've noticed how many times Jim posts to the "what you are smoking" thread. Looks like maybe 6 or so bowls/day.

Me, if I go beyond 3 or 4 max/day I'm burned out!

Don't know how you and maybe monbla can do it.

:shock: 

Cheers,

RR
In my case, it's addiction!! The fact that I seldom smoke the same tobacco twice in a row or even twice in the same day keeps me interested and helps avoid tongue burn out. Going from flavor to flavor works for me. I used smoke three or four blends, but ever since I joined internet pipe forums, I've expanded my thinking on the subject. Sometimes, it's a pain to decide what to smoke next, but I like variety, so it's worth it.

Hello Jim,

The description of some of the pipes you are smoking sounds impressive. Would love to see some pictures if it's not too much trouble. I enjoy turning green with envy.:lol: 

AJ

ajn27511":l357ilh8 said:
Hello Jim,

The description of some of the pipes you are smoking sounds impressive. Would love to see some pictures if it's not too much trouble. I enjoy turning green with envy.:lol: 

AJ
A slideshow would be really neat...You have some really terrific pipes...would love to see them...be like Aj^^^..green with envy for sure.

Thanks

Thank you, fellas. The problem with pictures is that I don't feel comfortable using photo bucket or most online resources like that. That why I got the idea to describe the pipes I smoke in detail. That and the fact that I have a lot of pipes and am also too darn lazy to photograph them all (I'm also a lousy photographer). I do have a few pics of a few of my pipes. If somebody is interested and doesn't mind PMing me their e-mail address and has a photo account, I'll send them to you and you can post them here. There's about 30 pictures of maybe 20 pipes.

I've personally gotten some great ideas for tobaccos to try just based on Jim's posts. Smoke on, JimInks!! :cheers: 

JimInks":vb6eeown said:
Thank you, fellas. The problem with pictures is that I don't feel comfortable using photo bucket or most online resources like that. That why I got the idea to describe the pipes I smoke in detail. That and the fact that I have a lot of pipes and am also too darn lazy to photograph them all (I'm also a lousy photographer). I do have a few pics of a few of my pipes. If somebody is interested and doesn't mind PMing me their e-mail address and has a photo account, I'll send them to you and you can post them here. There's about 30 pictures of maybe 20 pipes.
FYI there's a built-in image hoster with this forum. You just need to post it from a computer. It's sort of a weird interface, but pretty easy to post a bunch of pics if they're all ready to go.

1. Click on the icon with the disk and pic.
  2. Choose the file.
  3. Choose the size (800px, etc.)
  4. Upload.
  5. It'll spit out the links. Click on the one and COPY THE CODE MANUALLY, no...e link into post. [/list] I think that's it?

MisterE":x1non3sf said:
I've personally gotten some great ideas for tobaccos to try just based on Jim's posts. Smoke on, JimInks!! :cheers: 
What a cool thing to read! Thank you.

That worked. Had you pasted it into the Insert Image button, it would have displayed. Once you've done it, you can Preview and should see it displayed.

JKenP":4zh54qfr said:
That worked.  Had you pasted it into the Insert Image button, it would have displayed.  Once you've done it, you can Preview and should see it displayed.

p1020012.jpg
" />

Okay. It works. Thank you.

JimInks":lw5yv2o8 said:
MisterE":lw5yv2o8 said:
What a cool thing to read! Thank you.
Actually, just because of your praise of EGR I splashed out for a tub!

Now, me not being an aro guy and all, well that should tell you something!

Haven't opened it yet, but I'll "get a round tuit'!

:lol: 

Cheers,

RR

Yeah...that worked just fine.  Great looking pipe...gorgeous grain on it.
Thanks!

The above is my 1980 black sandblasted full bent Ascorti Business Extension Saxaphone.

The above is a 2002 Caminetto J.N.C.C. Spool three quarter bend flat top and bottom with sandblast in-between.

The above God-ugly pipe is a 1980 medium bend Lorenzo Leganza Sigma 8635. Ugly as sin, but for some reason, I like it. The pipe below is one of my favorites: a pre-transition Barling.

This 1970s GDB Prehistoric is an old friend and good smoker:

I'll post more later.