What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relaxing in the pool after a nice run with some Marble Kake in a Brebbia straight rusticated Dublin, ice water to drink.

… another bowl of HH Balkan Blend in a '94 gp.6 Dunhill shell Canadian...last of the coffee...

MacBaren's Scottish Blend in a large black straight sandblasted apple by Ser Jacopo.

… earlier...Sutliff J4 Burley...then, 1Q...now, Condor Plug in a '13 gp.4 Dunhill Bruyere billiard...fresh coffee on the side...

D&S Prince's Blend in a Kirk Bosi rusticated poker, ice water to drink.

… earlier...J. Patton Virginia Spice...then, Chatham Manor...now, SG Skiff Mixture in a Caminetto carved apple...last of the coffee...

Having some GH Kendal Dark with a pinch of perique in a newly made Semi-Bing. Breaking in nicely.  Glass of really nice chardonnay to ease it along. 

… earlier...J. Patton Stormfront...then, PA...now, SWRA in a Falcon international bent stem with thick-walled Dublin shaped bowl...fresh coffee...

HH ODF in my old No name Italian oom Paul. Been enjoying this pipe for 40 years.

Just finished a nice bowl of spicy vegaterian chili, sitting outside enjoying the rain fall with SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve in a Kirk Bosi rusticated poker, ice water to drink.

Hiram-2011":4zvpkpcp said:
Emp in a Dunhill, Black coffee on the side.
Very sexy lil' Dunnie you have there Shane!

8)

And did Jim desert us due to lack of participation on this thread? His last post was 6 days ago...

:!:

Jim, we're doing what we can here ya know. This is a much smaller board than a few others I could name so the daily post count on all threads is below what you might be used to on other boards.

That said, I'm sure others here (as well as myself) would like to see you return to your usual postings on this thread. If nothing else it keeps our eyes open to blends we may have not thought about trying.

;)

Cheers,

RR

… earlier...Pirate Kate...then, J. Patton Virginia Spice...now, MacBaren Virginia #1 in a P. Brakner estate rustic long shank Dublin...last of the coffee...

… earlier...Sutliff Voodoo Queen...now, Sutliff J4 Burley in a Bones bent bulldog...fresh coffee...

Good evening my dear friends, i hope that all of you will be well. I thought that my 2017 vacations were "adventurous" but i was wrong, my 2018 are for sure. The first weeks everything was fine but the last the things changed. I had to make a small surgery with laser (i lost 5 days of swimming) and except the pain and the aftermath procedure my blood test results shown that my LDL was high and i had to change my way of life a little bit. Nevertheless i returned to Athens at Sunday night thinking that Monday morning i will be back in action. My wife asked me to transfer the data from one memory card to another for her smartphone, the card reader has a little bit abnormal shape so i removed my 32GB usb stick, i made the transfer and when i put my usb stick back i saw by surprise that was empty! Yes, everything inside were gone! Inside of that usb stick was my blog's archive, 28 GB full of photos,videos,music etc were vanished!
My mistake was that i didn't follow the hardware removal procedure because i was in a hurry and the disaster came. The first minutes i could believe it, after the initial shock i was ready to shoot the pc screen and the laptop too but my wife stopped me, i started punching my desk slandering with heavy words throwing some things to the wall and the rest of the family came inside trying to calm me down. I was full of anger, my archive was lost, thousands of photos-videos etc, endless hours of working outside the balcony in bad weather, lot of money wasted and my pride deeply hurt. Someone can say "hey, you already have the blog posted material, yes but i have finished some pipes and i don't have any more the step by step procedure so i have nothing to show to you, here is an example:

265479558590a56b7d54d4ba57eb0edda554d228.jpg

The pipe is finished now already modified but were are the rest of the photos? Were is my work to show it to you? How another pipe smoker will take help now without the step-by-step procedure?
After an hour i remembered that i had taken a back-up but i saw that it was till 2017 which means all my 2018 files were gone, i started with programmes as Recuva to search inside that damned usb stick and i managed to retrieve the majority of my material. Each pipe was in a separated file with name,date etc, each video has a serial number, the slide-show archives have been lost etc...now everything is mixed and i had to remove the damaged photos and "pull together" the rest of them. The videos and the sounds are there but mixed, for 3 days and nights i am trying to make my archive as it was, now is about 70% OK and i need more time but i can not make it exactly as i was.
Sorry for my long post but i had to explain to you the whole situation, for few days my post wouldn't be as you knew them but i hope that after some days everything will be as normal. I have many pipe smoking photos from the country to show you plus interesting places, now i need your understanding and your patience, i believe that God will give me the strength to full recover from the surgery and bring my archive "back to life".
I haven't smoking for 3 days now, with such a pain in my heart and the bitter taste in mouth i didn't even want to touch any pipe. As Arnold said once:

https://media.giphy.com/media/JDKxRN0Bvmm2c/giphy.gif

Post workout pipe, C&D Winchester in a Jeantet straight smooth paneled billiard. Ice water to drink.

… earlier...Flying Dutchman Match...then, Sutliff Barking Dog Match...now, SG Commonwealth Mixture in a Posella rustic Lovat...last of the coffee...

Sid, very sorry to hear of your experience. With luck and perseverance you'll be able to recover most if not all of the lost archives.

Hang in there and best wishes on your surgery recovery!

Cheers,

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.