What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
… earlier...MacBaren Golden Extra('96)… now, CH in a '47 Dunhill LB shell billiard...last of the coffee...

Ozark Wizard’s All Things Being Equal in a MM Legend

Something from a big jar marked "medium English", at the local BnM. Smoked in a brand new MM Legend. :afro:

2665445956863cd9ea5857ac5da138461895c009.jpg

2665446061a9e208d7e5783e0def9f8cfaab046a.jpg

F&K Merde de Cheval.

… earlier...Lane Burley...now, Sutliff Zurich Delight in a Bruyere St. Claude large smooth billiard...fresh coffee...C&D Black Frigate up next...

Yesterday afternoon when the rain let up, I enjoyed a fine bowl of Peretti No 8 Slice (from my recent bombing) in an estate GBD bent 'doggy with a gold band (courtesy of the Blue Rm boyz).

And when I say enjoyed, I mean exactly that. In fact this is about the first bowl I've had in many weeks that tasted good to me. Since moving to the Phoenix area it's been so hot outside that anything I smoked tasted of nothing. So now that the ambient temps are cooler it seems to help the experience.

Cheers,

RR

No kidding. I experience the same thing on hot summer days. If a “normal” outdoor smoking jaunt takes place when it’s about 70F outside then in your current situation, add 30 degrees to what’s going on in your bowl. It doesn’t help.

Many people go to Burley blends in the Summer. I wonder haw Storm Front would taste down there.

On my back deck amid the gold and orange leaves fluttering to the ground...Sumac, Sweet Gun, Plum and Oak...a beautiful sunny Fall day. Big fleecy clouds drifting through an azure sky. A light breeze. About 65F. Scooping up Holly leaves into our refuse barrel and setting the nicer ceramic pots in an orderly line on the deck bench to await the rains and following Winter, it’s a time for puttering.

Sillem’s Copenhagen in a straight MM Country Gentleman Cob

I absolutely love the heat and mugginess of the north Florida swamp I call home but after the hottest recorded September for this area I’m really jealous of you folks’ Fall weather. Any way....

Embarcadero in a Bruyere St. Claude straight smooth dublin stack, ice water to drink.

....also, almost all of my weekday bowls are smoked while I’m soaking in a pool which is the current case as it frees me from the oppressive heat and yellow flies.

… earlier...MacBaren Cherry Cavendish...then, Sail Yellow...now, H&H BlackHouse in a Falcon with a rustic Algiers bowl...Drambuie neat...

SG St. James Flake in a twenty dollar Stanny. Ice water to drink.

… several appointments this AM..  so, a early morning bowl of Sutliff RR Match in a '10 gp.6 Dunhill "Oxford" shell panel billiard...fresh coffee brewing...pre-loaded a bowl of Sutliff J4 Burley in between errands...

Status
Not open for further replies.