What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About a third of a bowl left of year 1999 Esoterica Tilbury in a 1979 Loewe Army smooth straight dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Enjoyed a fun chat with an old friend.
Loewe910_Army_MMount copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am now smoking Wilke No. 24 in a 1978 smooth pointy bottom three quarter bend Sir Brent, shaped like a check mark with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a long time, and decided it's now an English pipe. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Air Raid Wardens starring Laurel and Hardy.

How did that turn out? Both great blends, but together?
I liked it enough to have a second bowl today in another pipe: "Cowboy Cookies" in a Design Berlin Siegfried. A little better today, maybe the pipe, or maybe the moisture levels equalized better overnight (Rivendell quite moist, Cowboy Coffee about right). Anyway, I may make a bigger batch to put in the noodle press tonight and see how it is as a crumble cake. If it turns out good I'll call it "Cowboy Cookie Crumble" 🤠

A quarter of the way through this bowl of 1970s Middleton Kentucky Club Mild in a 2016 quarter bend Royal Meerschaum eagle claw egg meer with a black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic tapered stem.

Just finishing this bowl of Old Colonial in a medium bend beater 1979 Aalborg natural freehand made by Nording with a black vulcanite stem. Going to take a post break so I can see some of your smokes instead of mine.

Wilke Crystal Palace in an I. Baglin hand carved meer. Tazo orange spice tea on the side. Glad I had a chance to try this. Thanks, Brunello.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-11-15-48-16.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-11-15-48-16.png
    730.5 KB · Views: 66
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, tacos and spaghetti dinner with a couple of sugar cookies for dessert. While I'm waiting for the big dessert to bake and cool, I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Gold in a post-WWII Bertram 60 straight smooth dark brown squat bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. The big dessert is freshly made apple cinnamon pie.
Bertram 60 squat bulldog copy.jpg

The pie is cooling, and in the meantime, I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia in a 2003 medium bent straight grain military mount Two dot 2 P. Ardor Venere Extra Bucaneve dublin signed by Dorelio Rovera with a silver ferrule and a black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
2003_Two dot 2 P. Ardor Venere Extra Bucaneve .jpg

McClelland Classic Samsun in a Charatan Meer.

Unofficial news: since Paul_of_Burley never responded to my PM I did a search online and found a memoriam posted on January 22.

Los_Alton_VBF_Canadian copy.jpg
Enjoyed a couple of slices of apple pie and a couple of scoops of vanilla bean ice cream, took a very short snooze, and am now smoking 1970s Prince Albert in an undated, unbranded straight smooth brown made in France Los Alton VBF Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to work in a few minutes.

A couple of minutes away from smoking Wilke No. 222 in a 1970s slight bend black sandblasted English Rustic 120S Billiard (Comoy’s second) with a black vulcanite saddle stem.

Now smoking D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Working and listening to William Conrad as Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke.

Sutliff Christmas Spice in. 2019 peterson Christmas, was planning on having some CS Figgy Pudding but I seem to have lost jar of it somewhere in the move :eek:. A little out of season but hey who cares.
20210212_075746.jpg

Very nice meer
Thanks, better in person than pic. Has a horse carving on the front that is very detailed, i.e. you can see the horses eyes. I'm not that great a photographer. Have another Baglin that is more exquisite but only bring it out on special occasions as it is huge. With bowl resting on my pinky top of bowl sits just above my first finger and it's just over 2&1/2" wide. I'll post it sometime soon.

A beautiful winter morning here in AZ. I'm enjoying Mississippi river rum barrel aged in the Savinelli. Very nice for a novice piper :)
pipe.jpg

Sutliff Christmas Spice in. 2019 peterson Christmas, was planning on having some CS Figgy Pudding but I seem to have lost jar of it somewhere in the move :eek:. A little out of season but hey who cares.
View attachment 807
Heck, I smoke it all year. When it's good it's good. Wish CS would make Figgy Pudding available all year.

McClelland Classic Samsun in a Charatan Meer.

Unofficial news: since Paul_of_Burley never responded to my PM I did a search online and found a memoriam posted on January 22.
So sad to hear about Paul. Did it mention cause of death? Prayers for him and his family.