What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear night sky, using the night screen on phone so that I'm not blinded to enjoy the stars. Wilke Commander in a Stanwell Trio.

Couldn't decide what to have after dinner, so following Ranger's lead I threw together a Burley and Black Cavendish blend: five equal parts of Edgeworth, Five Brothers, SWR regular, Sutliff 544 Burley Cavendish, and Mac Baren Bold Kentucky. It's got cube cut, shag, broken flake, and chunky cut but mixed well together and tastes pretty good. Pipe is paneled Design Berlin which loves these Burley blends.

My blend, Urban Cowboy, in my new Randy Wiley that came today. Jim Beam on the side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-22-15-58-01.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-22-15-58-01.png
    765.4 KB · Views: 79
Peter Stokkebye English Oriental in a 2004 Stokers Haven carved Meerschaum while sitting in front of the fire pit at my Son's house in Sullivan Indiana. Drinking some dark rum on ice.

More Urban Cowboy in my other Randy Wiley , scored off ebay for $75. A bit of Merlot left over from dinner..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-22-17-38-20.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-22-17-38-20.png
    762.2 KB · Views: 77
Had a quick half bowl variant of Ranger's Urban Cowboy in a MM Diplomat. This last version used SWR, ODF, and unflavored toasted black Cavendish because I didn't want any overt vanilla or sweetness. Might be my last bowl for a couple days as mother in law is having a sudden fit of dementia related to a UTI. Wife is going nuts trying to deal with this long distance. Just another elder problem that is quite common that I didn't know about. Lots to look forward to. :oops:

My own blend "Aurum Luminae" in a custom finished "Crackle Cob" that I did on a whim. Gives new life to an old beat up cob!

BoB-CrackleCob.PNG

Didn't have any Lancer's Slices on hand but found a jar of my own blend "Sir Lancelot" which is 5/8 Lancer's Slices. Enjoying in a London made Comoy 27, a shape you don't find too often.

BoB-ComoyDesk.PNG

Finishing off the night with Dunhill Durbar in my new Randy Wiley freehand. Cream Sherry on the side. OMG, think I found pipe nirvana. Tasting the creamy latakia, cool, almost velvety smoke. Matches the cream sherry like pb&j. Beautiful night here in the mountains. Wishing my fellow BoBs the same

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-24-18-26-30.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-24-18-26-30.png
    988.2 KB · Views: 69
Ended the day with some Benediction in a Hilson Rainer Barbi. This was the last project he worked on before he died and the balance and feel are very nice. By the way, for this batch of Benediction I tweaked it slightly in favor of Wilke High Hat, so 5/9 (55.5%) Wilke and 4/9 (44.4%) Luxury Bullseye Flake. I think I like it this way even better.

BoB-RainerDesk.PNG