What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some CS Black and Tan in the cob gifted by Mikem. Trying to calm down and recover from spilling a whole cup of coffee on the kitchen floor. Hope the rest of the day goes better, lol.

I posted this photo in the "accessories" forum as well; Rattray's Red Rapparee in my Peterson SH Mycroft, with my new Sherlock Holmes tamper :)...

XR2wRVNl.jpg

I would say it started out (medium) strong and then mellowed out. A little tangy IMHO to start out. An okay flake but I think there are better out there. As an FYI I rubbed out before putting in the pipe.
I felt the same except it never really tasted strong to me. As you said, okay, nothing bad, but nothing to write home about. Was hoping you would find it more enjoyable. Sorry.

A morning bowl of CF Lancers Slices in a Comoy Extraordinaire blasted Pot. Uber-strong New Mexican Pinon coffee makes for a great morning!! FTRPLT

Attachments

• IMG_1254[1].JPG
    IMG_1254[1].JPG
    851.2 KB · Views: 93
Rivendell in a Savinelli Big 9 paneled billiard. Scored off Ebay for $40. Smokes okay but the pipe itself gets kind of hot sometimes. Never had this problem with any other Sav?

Okay, that's like the 4th or 5th post on Red Rapparee in a couple of weeks. So this weekend I am popping the lid on a tin of 2016 RRR.

Right now, my own Urban Cowboy in the Mikem gifted cob. Canadian whiskey on the side.

13-year-old Balkan Sobranie Original in a big ol' Astley's (probably Charatan-made) 1/8th square-shank bent Dublin/Pot. Strong Cubano coffee to compliment!!!! FTRPLT

Attachments

• IMG_1255[1].JPG
    IMG_1255[1].JPG
    989.9 KB · Views: 91
Followed by my first bowl of Esoterica's "Hastings" in a Boswell rusticated full bent! FTRPLT

Attachments

• IMG_1256[1].JPG
    IMG_1256[1].JPG
    836 KB · Views: 87
Continuing to enjoy the morning puffing on Esoterica's "Pembroke" in a Bill Ashton-Taylor XXX Pebble Grain bulldoggy!! FTRPLT

Attachments

• IMG_1259[1].JPG
    IMG_1259[1].JPG
    911.4 KB · Views: 93
Thoroughly enjoying some creamy smooth Wilke Commander in a Design Berlin Prelude. Been a stressful week and since I only sit with a pipe if I'm relaxed enough to enjoy that means this is only the third bowl this week. But it's hit the spot - very relaxed now!

Sutliff 1 M vanilla in an Aldo Velani 2012 POTY with coffee. A bit awkward only having the use of one hand, lol. Smoke pipe, lay pipe down, sip coffee, put down coffee pick up pipe, try to tamp pipe while clinching without dropping pipe, etc. All in all, still a very enjoyable morning.

Attachments

• 20210411_101005~2.jpg
    20210411_101005~2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 83