What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to get out of my " burley comfort zone" and try something new to me. C&D Bayou morning in an Aldo Velani POTY. Got this based on all the glowing reviews but just doesn't do it for me. Kind of a meh blend with too many harsh edges. Might try Brunellos suggestion of tweaking it with something else if I can figure out what. Suggestions??

MM Rob Roy? Have never seen that one advertised. Is that it in the photo?
Nope!! Here it is. A diamond-shanked 1/4 bent cob. I picked this one up on eBay for next to nothing! Really old; not made any more, as far as I know!! FTRPLT

Attachments

• IMG_1227[1].JPG
    IMG_1227[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful evening here in Maryland, with temps holding in the mid 70’s. On the deck smoking 2004 Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake unscented in a Castello Old Antiquari shape 55. Uncle Nearest bourbon on the side and good tunes on the Bluetooth speaker
91A088E0-EE3A-4D69-9F33-C1062AB0A171.jpeg

77 out on the deck with Dunhill London Mixture in a Design Berlin. Earlier I got halfway through a bowl of Barling Garnet in a Pierre Cardin bulldog before giving up. It's another one I've had in a jar for two years that keeps getting weirder everytime I try it. It's a light English with some Indonesian Tambuka which gives an earthy cigar undertone. The weird thing is the framboise flavoring. Anyway, at least the Dunhill tastes "normal."

72 on the deck enjoying Sillem's London Blend in 'Siggi' Design Berlin. Lots if complex nutty flavors. A little Woodford Reserve on the side. Not a care in the world.

Solani 763 White & Black in a Hilson Rainer Barbi. Not sure if my tin from 2015 still had any Syrian in it but in any case the Latakia is slight, much recessed after the Virginia and black Cavendish. A pleasant medium-mild smoke for mid-morning. I've had best results packing the bowl the night before so it burns without any effort.
BoB-HilsonPorch.PNG

Big bowl of Urban Cowboy in a large Lorenzo bent billiard. Cowboy coffee on the side. In honor of my new horse.70 on the patio already. Gonna be a warm one today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-29-08-33-22.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-29-08-33-22.png
    868.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_2021-04-27-19-10-50.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-27-19-10-50.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80