What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Royal Danish! There's a name I haven't heard in a while. I still have two from back in my "Danish shape" days, mostly I suppose because I figure they won't bring anything on the estate market. Thanks for the reminder; I think I'll give them a go!

zxX3oyrl.jpg
It’s the only Stanwell I own, and it smokes fantastic! Hoping to get another someday , perhaps something like the one you have on the bottom there.

Wow; that is a FINE looking bulldog!
Thank you sir! I don’t smoke it often, but it is the pipe that holds the most sentimental value to me. When I was married in 2015, this pipe played a vital role. My wife and I had a photo shoot done for our save the date invitations, and wanted it to look like an Hollywood movie advertisement. I chose to pose with this Kaywoodie bulldog, and loved how it turned out!
B890B308-2819-419C-860E-9D7406D5F988.jpeg

Smoking Ken Byron Ventures Mycroft ‘21 in a Savinelli Estella 315 EX. It’s “Friday Eve” folks…we’re almost there!
4AC1BFD5-7756-45C3-92A4-E90A06B85284.jpeg

Starting the afternoon off with Arango Balkan Supreme in an old (has registration number) Curt Rollar/American Pipe Company blasted Dublin. The owner of the B&M that sold it, named it "The Witch's Hat" since when turned over, it does resemble such!!
Most unusual. I feel like you should be wearing a Gandalf hat with that one!

Wilke 515 in a Country Gentleman cob that I reserve for blends with unusual flavorings. I just watched the 1946 Terror on the Train so I wanted to try again this blend that was supposedly a favorite of the actor Basil Rathbone. Interestingly, of five characters in the film with pipes, none are actually smoking, the pipes are just stage props. Maybe having smoke on the set made it difficult for the camera crew? Interesting all the pipes yet not a cigarette or cigar to be seen. Perhaps subtly targeting their intended audience of Sherlock fans favoring a pipe.

BoB-CountryGentleman.PNG

Finally relaxing for the evening on the deck enjoying Gawith Hoggarth Louisiana Flake in a Don Florian olive wood pipe. Decided to make an Irish coffee to accompany the smoke, and as usual, it does not disappoint. Wishing all a good evening
0A619700-9F02-4D96-B3BE-E7D5817AEF52.jpeg

Backwoods Original in my Gefapip Giant (the first pipe I have purchased some 35+ years ago) while enjoying a beer and Red Stagg on the rocks at my favorite pub and grill in Farmersburg Indiana.
They let you smoke in a bar? Think I might move there. Red stag on the rocks,,yum, yum.

They let you smoke in a bar? Think I might move there. Red stag on the rocks,,yum, yum.
Yes I was shocked too. Farmersburg Indiana is a little farming town about eighteen miles outside Terre Haute. Mickey's is a small bar/grill with three pool tables and seats maybe sixty people when full. Great food (especially their burgers, quesadilla's and pretty good taco's on Tuesdays), $3 shots, and $1 draft beers. I have become known as the pipe man by the locals. LOL Great place to relax and watch sports while eating or just relaxing.

Yes I was shocked too. Farmersburg Indiana is a little farming town about eighteen miles outside Terre Haute. Mickey's is a small bar/grill with three pool tables and seats maybe sixty people when full. Great food (especially their burgers, quesadilla's and pretty good taco's on Tuesdays), $3 shots, and $1 draft beers. I have become known as the pipe man by the locals. LOL Great place to relax and watch sports while eating or just relaxing.
Wow, $1 draft beers. Cheapest you can get around here is maybe 4 bucks. And definitely no smoking. Think the folks from Cali brought that in.

Finishing out the day with the last of my CS Shepherds Pie in a rusticated Maestro de Paya bent pot with tea.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-07-18-34-40.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-07-18-34-40.png
    789.4 KB · Views: 45
The last time I was in Virginia Beach I noticed they still have a bar on the main drag that allows smoking. Of course I had a bad experience walking into their bathroom with my flip flops, only to discover a piss filled floor, so not sure I’ll go back there again lol