What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After lunch a little decadent delight: Peterson Deluxe in a Savinelli Tortuga. Flavor reminds me of a Nutty Buddy in a waffle cone!

BoB-TortugaRose.PNG

Enjoying a pleasant evening on the deck smoking Gawith Hoggarth Coniston Cut Plug in a Savinelli New Art. Uncle Nearest bourbon in the glass, good tunes on the Bluetooth speaker.
7A4E4F06-920D-4C23-A656-776FA197DDDC.jpeg

Like Scott I'm enjoying a pleasant evening on the deck with some Woodford Reserve bourbon, but I'm following DL's lead and having some Orlik Dark in a Peterson meer. Everything's good.

Like Scott I'm enjoying a pleasant evening on the deck with some Woodford Reserve bourbon, but I'm following DL's lead and having some Orlik Dark in a Peterson meer. Everything's good.
Yes sir, can’t beat evening deck time with a good pipe and drink! Bourbon sure does go well with those stronger dark fired blends too!

Some more Gawith Hoggarth Coniston Cut Plug this morning in a Savinelli bent pipe that was made for, and purchased at, Main St Cigar (local B&M in Maryland). Have had this pipe for 12 years and it continues to be a great smoker!
18B56430-4B7E-48C2-B660-208615BA6E30.jpeg

Too hot to enjoy a pipe outside today but fortunately I'm in cool cab driving to my nearest B&M about an hour away. Didn't make the trip at all last year due to Covid, but always look forward to finding some neglected goodies sitting on the shelf. For the drive: SPC Hood Canal in a Hilson Rainer Barbi.

Picked up a few new items at the B&M today, nothing on my got-to-have list, but might be worth a try. First up is GLP Windjammer in a Design Berlin Royal Star. In the can this smells heavy on the dried fruits. Getting ready to light 'er up. I'll report back if it's good.

Continued exploration of some new blends I picked up today. Just finished a bowl of Savinelli Janus in a Savinelli 677, which I found slightly more interesting than Windjammer, though neither one hits it out of the park for me. I used to be apologetic about negative first impressions saying "I won't really know for sure until I try it in a cob and a meer and while jumping on a trampoline" - but really, all but one of my top ten commercial blends I knew were winners from the first bowl, if not the first puff. The only one that took a few bowls to appreciate is Commodore Flake. Anyway, up tomorrow will be Savinelli 145 to hold me over until my order from 4Noggins arrives.

Nice bowl of C&D Byzantium in a Pete bent system. Port wine on the side. Nice evening smoke.
That sounds good. Somehow I never tried port with a pipe. I have a bottle of Fonseca LBV I've been saving for who knows what; I'll have to try tomorrow night with Byzantium or a Peretti flake that was cured in red wine. Something new to try!

That sounds good. Somehow I never tried port with a pipe. I have a bottle of Fonseca LBV I've been saving for who knows what; I'll have to try tomorrow night with Byzantium or a Peretti flake that was cured in red wine. Something new to try!
Fonseca is good. Warrs boardroom porto even better.

Pre-dinner smoke of my own blend "Berserker" in a Stanwell 139. This blend started out as Sutliff Royal Viking which I found as bland as hospital food. This is one third each of Royal Viking, Kelly's Coin, and dark fired Kentucky. Oh yeah, since I'm one eighth Danish I might just get a little crazy now...

I struck gold with my first Windjammer tweak (wish that were always the case!). To take this in direction more to my liking my first thought was to add some darker flavors, so: 2/3 Windjammer and 1/3 divided between 507 stoved and some dark fired Kentucky. Quite tasty! Might be a keeper! Paneled Design Berlin pipe.

BoB-DBpanel.PNG