What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking D&R Penhooker in a smooth brown late 1890s, early 1900s unbranded military mount bulldog with a nickel windcap and spigot with a black vulcanite, flared stem and orific bit. First time smoking this pipe. The orific bit takes some getting used to, but I'll manage, of course.
View attachment 1601
Jim, what is an orific bit?

Edgeworth RR match in a MM general. Just don't get the hype over this blend. Decent enough burley but no better than CH or PA. Would try to play with it but only a couple of bowls left so not worth the effort.

Not far from finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Time for some walking reps.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Now smoking Wilke Rum and Maple in a straight smooth with a tobacco leaf carving on the bottom left, dark brown 1980s Sir Brent pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Thinking about pancakes for lunch.
Sir_Brent_Pot.jpg

Smoking Wilke Rum and Maple made me want pancakes, so that and a Jazz apple were what I had for lunch. I'm half way through this bowl of KBV Festivus Pudding in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. More ice water and bergs for my drink.
PetersonDeluxe20S_1978_P-Lip.jpg

Been working on a bowl of 2010 Peterson 3Ps for the past hour probably, and I bet there’s at least another 10 minutes in this one... in a standard cob poker. This stuff is slooooow smoking if you just slice off a flake sized portion and do the old fold and stuff. It took to the flame easily, and I think I’ve had one relight... while typing this.

This is my first bowl of aged 3P... I had a feeling it’d be great, considering how much I liked new stock.

Thanks to a great transaction with a kind BoB member, I’ve got five plugs of this vintage to go through... including many other similarly-aged goodies. It’s a great day!!!

Did a set of walks, and smoked a bowl of D&R Ryback in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem.
Charatan_Special_pot.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 FVF in a 2002 three quarter bend light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano eight sided paneled shaped bulldog sitter with a black acrylic saddle stem.
Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano square shaped bulldog.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 FVF in a 2002 three quarter bend light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano eight sided paneled shaped bulldog sitter with a black acrylic saddle stem.
View attachment 1616

That’s one of the more odd pipes I’ve seen in some time. I don’t mean that in a bad way. I like odd. You should meet my fiancé... heck, you should meet ME!!!

Bottom line: cool, unusual-looking pipe.

That’s one of the more odd pipes I’ve seen in some time. I don’t mean that in a bad way. I like odd. You should meet my fiancé... heck, you should meet ME!!!

Bottom line: cool, unusual-looking pipe.
It's a great smoker. It's a big pipe, too.

About a third of a bowl left of KBV Father’s Day in a 2015 Ryan Alden quarter bend burgundy sandblasted Queen of Hearts freehand with a black acrylic saddle stem.
Ryan_Alden_QueenofHearts.jpg

Smoking some silky smooth 2005 Gawith Hoggarth Curly Cut in a Pete System standard. I love this stuff. It’s not super complex, but it’s all creamy and nutty... like smoking almonds. I’m in love.

I may have to go for seconds before bedtime. So many blends... so little time.

Neuminster 400 navy flake in a Maestro de Paya bent bulldog. Broke into my recent acquisitions to try something I never had before and came up with this. Not bad but a bit bland on taste and smoking a bit hot. May have been my crappy fold and stuff pack. No match for PS LNF. Crown Royal on the side makes it a tad better.

Smoking some silky smooth 2005 Gawith Hoggarth Curly Cut in a Pete System standard. I love this stuff. It’s not super complex, but it’s all creamy and nutty... like smoking almonds. I’m in love.

I may have to go for seconds before bedtime. So many blends... so little time.
I used to say the same about women, lol.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with rocky road ice cream for dessert. I'm almost half way through this bowl of year 2013 Tilbury in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn with a black acrylic stem. Haven't smoked this great smoker in a long time. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Phillies game.
Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 Orlik Golden Sliced in an early 20th century Gordon Special Bruyere 49 apple with a triangular shank and black vulcanite stem.
Gordon Special Bruyere 49 apple.jpg

Beautiful morning on the deck smoking more Gawith Hoggarth Dark Plug in a GBD Conquest Pedigree. Italian roast coffee fresh from the French press and some Miles Davis on the iPhone.
876E1EB2-91AB-4606-AB84-7FE7765EFC79.jpeg

Couldn't sleep, so I'm having a bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg