What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning,
I start my day with some Peterson's connoisseurs choice,which I let dry overnight this time. I am smoking it in a pete 80s Kilarney pipe.This tobacco got great reviews and was highly recommended,but so far it`s nothing special to me. Thanks for the replies on the Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade pipe,Smoking pipes says it will be here on Monday! Have a happy Friday!
Be sure to let us know how it smokes when you get it. I am considering one as well.

A quarter of the way through this soon-to-be released Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River Special Reserve Flake in a black pebble finish straight 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem. Working on a review of this blend.
View attachment 1689
Have 2 unopened tins of 2018 SPC Mississippi River. Will be interested to see your review of the Special Reserve Flake.

Starting the day with a big bowl of Hobbits Weed in a huge Butz magnum bent brandy with morning coffee. Wife going to Fort Whipple museum and lunch with lady friends later so should have the opportunity for several bowls today. Yea.

Last night: Squadron Leader in a Pete Mark Twain, couple of fingers of Lagavulin...

mLT8BF9l.jpg
Have a tin of 2017 SL. Maybe I should pop it open pretty soon?

Interesting looking pipe. Never seen that shape in a Stanwell before.
It's a shape 87 that was designed by Sixten Ivarsson for Stanwell. The bowl's inside 7/8 inch opening at the top that tapers down to a v and is only 1 1/4 inch deep.

It seems to like flake cut tobacco the best when it gets hungry☺️

It's a shape 87 that was designed by Sixten Ivarsson for Stanwell. The bowl's inside 7/8 inch opening at the top that tapers down to a v and is only 1 1/4 inch deep.

It seems to like flake cut tobacco the best when it gets hungry☺️
Looks like it has pretty thick walls so should smoke cool. I have an Iversson Stanwell, also rusticated but more of a freehand dublin. It has a fairly large bowl maybe 1&5/8 deep. It also likes flakes, especially folded and stuffed old dark fired McB.

Just finished up the Hobbits Weed with my 3rd cup of coffee. Question now is whether to sneak in another short bowl or go have breakfast and come back for another leisurely bowl of something new. Nothing on the agenda for today. Maybe some yard work, maybe not as rain is predicted for the whole day. Decisions, decisions, lol.

Had a bowl of oatmeal, lol. Now enjoying some Sutliff Rum Spice, a new aro for me, in a Sav big nine paneled billiard. A bit wet as I just opened the baggie but hopefully the 9mm Dr. Perl filter will take care of that. Short rain shower so yard work out for a while. Time for more piping, yea.

Smoking some Lane 1Q in my new Peterson Lestrade pipe,I love the shape of this pipe and the way it dangles from my mouth! Sadly, the sterling silver band on the pipe was never buffed out and had residue on it,not really sure what it was but some metal polish and a couple of minutes on the buffing wheel made it look good! I really can`t say how it smokes yet, it seems to have some kind of a coating inside the bowl which is making my tobacco smoke weird,
I probably should have sanded that stuff out of the bowl, But I didn`t do that with my last new Pete and it took about a week before it smoked normal to me. Smokingpipes shipped this pipe fast,but obviously never inspected it before it shipped!

Smoking some Lane 1Q in my new Peterson Lestrade pipe,I love the shape of this pipe and the way it dangles from my mouth! Sadly, the sterling silver band on the pipe was never buffed out and had residue on it,not really sure what it was but some metal polish and a couple of minutes on the buffing wheel made it look good! I really can`t say how it smokes yet, it seems to have some kind of a coating inside the bowl which is making my tobacco smoke weird,
I probably should have sanded that stuff out of the bowl, But I didn`t do that with my last new Pete and it took about a week before it smoked normal to me. Smokingpipes shipped this pipe fast,but obviously never inspected it before it shipped!
I really wish they wouldn't coat the inside of their bowls, I takes a while to get it to taste right

Broke my vow not to open any tins until I smoked down what's already open. Popped a tin of Cult Blood Red Moon. On the bottom it said 3116 which I took to mean March 1st, 2016, but below that it had the date of 2007. Was this tobacco even around in 2007? I've only had it less than a year. Definitely smells like cherries in the tin but doesn't come across that strong in smoking. In a Pete full bent Rosslare with honey bourbon on the side.

I would be happy if I got under 50 open blends to pick from. Looking at tobacco reviews the earliest one I scrolled down to was in 2014 for the Cult Blood Red Moon.

Margate in a fummed top meer Barling.
16277852416182970943340356111759.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning,
Starting my Sunday with a quick bowl of lane LL-7 in a bent Pete Rhodesian 999.
This morning I volunteer at my KofC council,So no time for a long relaxing smoke!

Nothing solid on the agenda for today so enjoying one of my favs. Urban Cowboy in the giant Don Carlos 2 note with coffee on a beautiful Sunday morning. 76 and a bit humid but very pleasant. Tons of birdies on the feeders. Hour and a half on this bowl so far.

I would be happy if I got under 50 open blends to pick from. Looking at tobacco reviews the earliest one I scrolled down to was in 2014 for the Cult Blood Red Moon.

Margate in a fummed top meer Barling.View attachment 1695
Same here, that's why I think this tin was from 2016. Between samples I purchased and others acquired or gifted from fellow BoB's I probably have 30 or 40 blends I consider open as they are not jarred up. They are in baggies in glass hinge top jars from Ikea. Have one jar of about 8 C&D blends and have only tried maybe 5 of them. So much tobacco, so little time.