What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you need an Extra Large Charatan's Make or a giant Ben Wade. I like the BWs Made In England -- I think they were made by Charatan at the time. Here's a good example: Ben Wade Large Blasted Dublin (44)/ Featherweight/ England/ MINT | eBay. 35 grams is very light for a pipe that big.
I've been checking out Charatons. There is a select on ebay right now that I'm watching. Gorgeous pipe. At $175 currently but this is nicer than the select that went for $230 couple of weeks ago. Niblic told me it would go for close to $250 and he was right. If I can score this one for $250 or less I'm jumping on it. Just don't go bidding against me, lol.

Back to old pipe new tobacco quest. Been sipping Esoterica Pembroke in an 80s vintage Sav Roma straight billiard for nearly an hour with Honey bourbon. Good stuff. After this I might have to get some Margate to try. Chilling with Freddie Fender on the patio.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-20-17-25-29.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-20-17-25-29.png
    885.4 KB · Views: 56
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, red snapper and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the White Sox-Rays game.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Now smoking Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Going to work now.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Savinelli 320 author pipe with some P/S Sweet vanilla Cavendish, Scored a Ben Wade on E-bay last night,It`s marked London made - Hand model. Apparently B/W changed ownership many times. From what I have read it could have been made by Charaton or Comoys. Either way I`m happy,my wife not so much! LOL!

Back to SW Bloody Cult in a MM cob. Figure 4 more days and this will be gone. Then it's back to my usual rotation of CH, Urban Cowboy, and Hobbits Weed with morning coffee. Into the last 20 minutes countdown for the Charaton I'm watching on ebay. Wish me luck.

Smoking some 7 seas regular in a Savinelli 616 trevi, This a nice large full bent pipe,great for a long leisurely smoke. This one seems to smoke much better with the Balsa filter in it.

Well so much for the Charaton. Ran the bid up to $215 with 2 min to go. Got outbid immediately. In the last 30 sec jumped to $305. Consoling myself with C&D Billy Budd in a Studio bent rhodesian acquired from Brunello for a pittance. With french vanilla coffee.

Just finished smoking circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Time for a set of walking reps.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2013 Capstan Gold in a post-WWII Bertram 60 straight smooth dark brown squat bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Watching the Twins-Yankees game.
Bertram 60 squat bulldog.jpg

Back to old pipe new tobacco quest. Been sipping Esoterica Pembroke in an 80s vintage Sav Roma straight billiard for nearly an hour with Honey bourbon. Good stuff. After this I might have to get some Margate to try. Chilling with Freddie Fender on the patio.
Pembroke is mighty fine 'baccy!!! Margate will spoil you forever!! FTRPLT

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of Bjarne Flake De Luxe in a black sandblasted straight 1998 XXX Ashton Pebble Grain lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem. Watching the Dodgers-Mets game.
AshtonXXX_Pebblegrain.jpg