What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mountain Camp in a Butz Choquin Twin Bore Captain Galion
16295768778431634576947457579366.jpg

Now smoking year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Just finishing a bowl of EITC Officers Club in an Aldo Velani smooth poker. Not bad, not great. Gifted by Brunello, which I appreciate, but won't be buying more. Iced coffee aside.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-21-15-59-03.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-21-15-59-03.png
    930.5 KB · Views: 58
Smoking some 7 seas regular blend in the Pete Lestrade, I have been really enjoying this pipe lately ! I have been looking at other pipes in the Sherlock Holmes series. I`m thinking of getting the Dr. Watson. Any of you guys own one and have an opinion? Thanks

A third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Peanut Butter in a 1980s black sandblasted slight bend Savory’s Argyll 281 Cherrywood with a black vulcanite tapered stem. This will get me to dinner time.
Savory's_Cherrywood.jpg

Smoking some 7 seas regular blend in the Pete Lestrade, I have been really enjoying this pipe lately ! I have been looking at other pipes in the Sherlock Holmes series. I`m thinking of getting the Dr. Watson. Any of you guys own one and have an opinion? Thanks
What do you think turned the trick for you on the Lestrade? It looked like you weren't going to get along with that pipe.

No idea on the Watson, but since Peterson takes more care with the SH series, I can't see any of them being bad. I have five, including the original that my then-girl friend bought me in 1987, and I'm very happy to have them.

Last edited:
Some of NYCpiper's Benediction blend (50/50 wilke high hat and PS LBF) in an Aldo Velani 2012 POTY freehand dublin. BIG improvement over the last bowl, lol. This pipe not only smokes well with really thick walls but has the most gorgeous 360 degree straight grain. My crappy phone camera just doesn't do it justice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-21-16-33-04.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-21-16-33-04.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_2021-08-21-16-38-55.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-21-16-38-55.png
    733.2 KB · Views: 52
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with a small scoop of French vanilla ice cream for dessert. I'm about a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a 2002 medium bend smooth brown Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 with a black acrylic saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Orioles game with Sleepy Suzy by my side. Molly is snoozin' on m'lady's lap.
Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jupiter Slices in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson made in Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies.
Peterson_PWW2_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Good morning,
My job called , no work today ! major hurricane due here soon.
Starting my day with P/S Sweet vanilla Cavendish in a Bari danish freehand pipe, While I like the Stokkebye`s I may mix a bit of Carter Hall in it just to balance it out.
Jim, I have 2 theories on the Lestrade...
The Lestrade needed a much longer break -in than most pipes that I have owned.
The Lestrade likes the better tobacco`s, I can smoke Mac Baren,Stokkebye`s with out a gurgle all day.
thanks

Up early as I have to be at the Legion post by 8 to help with breakfast. A nice bowl of SW Bloody Cult in a cob with morning coffee. An aside, scored a nice 60s Comoys straight pot off ebay yesterday for $48. In excellent condition. Hope it smokes as good as it looks.

Smoking some Casey Jones in a Custombilt Oom-Paul pipe.The weather is starting to get ugly here,Dark and Rainy and the Storm has not even gotten here yet...

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning,
My job called , no work today ! major hurricane due here soon.
Starting my day with P/S Sweet vanilla Cavendish in a Bari danish freehand pipe, While I like the Stokkebye`s I may mix a bit of Carter Hall in it just to balance it out.
Jim, I have 2 theories on the Lestrade...
The Lestrade needed a much longer break -in than most pipes that I have owned.
The Lestrade likes the better tobacco`s, I can smoke Mac Baren,Stokkebye`s with out a gurgle all day.
thanks
Petes usually need more break in time than other factory pipes. Seems like you're smoking drier tobaccos in it, too.

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Time to do some walking before the Braves-Orioles game starts.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Smoking some Capt.Black royal in a Pete St.Patricks day pipe, I originally fired this pipe up with sutliff Creme brulee but after 4 attempts to keep it lit,I gave up! This stuff has been drying for a week, I guess I will have to start mixing the 4 oz. I have left. I am just about done buying Sutliff tobacco.

Now smoking McClelland Grey Havens in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem.
WhitePipe_Paneled_Billiard.jpg