What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figgy Pudding in a sandblasted Peterson SH MIlverton...

AKOdGzyl.jpg
Dang you and Jiminks. I love that pipe. Gotta get me one.

Margate, gifted by Brewdude, in my cheapie Stanwell brushed black pot. Decided on this for my first bowl of Margate because everything smokes good on it, lol. Ftrplt was right. This is gooood stuff. Takes Pembroke up several notches, although I really like Pembroke too. This is deeper and creamier. And the port wine seems to bring out the orientals. Thanks, Brewdude.

Nope, not my pipe. Bowl looks the same but mine had a shorter stummel and saddle bit. But it was a great smoker especially with BSOSM. It was my between class smoke many days.
I've wanted to start a thread about this, but then I've thought no one would care but me. Of the hundreds of pipes I've had come through my collection, three really stand out in memory, and I would love to know where they are. Two of them I'd like to have back, and the other I would be more than satisfied just seeing photos. One of the two I'd like to have back is a bona fide collection piece that I watched sell on ebay a few years ago, long after I'd owned it. The other is one of my first pipes, and nobody would look twice at it. But yeah, it's fun to watch for pipes that I once owned, and of all the junk I've owned and collected, pipes seem to be the only things that I get a sense of joy when I see them in the wild.

Enjoying another cool autumn like morning on the deck smoking some Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake in a GBD Conquest Pedigree. Kona coffee blend fresh from the French press, some acoustic blues on the Bluetooth speaker for accompaniment
E6EBA312-83B2-43F3-9639-A1E88B30B9F9.jpeg

Some more aro. Sutliff Spiced Rum in a Molina bent brandy with datk roast coffee. Watching our lizard Marvin who has taken up residence on our patio.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-12-08-35-54.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-12-08-35-54.png
    997.8 KB · Views: 50
Vincent Manil’s La Volute Semois in this old Kaywoodie—it’s a four digit, so pre-1938, and while I reckon the stem’s a replacement since it lacks the clover it still has the original four-hole stinger. Pairing nicely with some Pumpkin Pie Porter from Deep River.
73074807-4008-460F-BE61-166F6EBA79EA.jpeg

Just got back in from doing some yard work,fueled by Gevalia Coffee I got a lot done! Now I am exhausted ! Smoking a bowl of Lane 1Q in a Pete St.Patricks day XL90S with a big bottle of spring water.

Finally popped that tin of Molto Dolce. Didn't feel like taking time to dry it so having it in a Sav Big 9 with a 9mm Dr. Perl filter to help dry it a bit. Really good stuff. Iced coffee on the side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-12-14-56-27.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-12-14-56-27.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
Smoking some Mac Baren 7 Seas regular tobacco in my new Peterson Lestrade,Smokes pretty good ! I can still taste the carbon coating even though I sanded the pipe lightly. I usually break my pipes in with Carter Hall,but I forgot to reorder it with my last tobacco purchase. Ranger.... I feel a Milverton coming ! LOL!

Smoking some Mac Baren 7 Seas regular tobacco in my new Peterson Lestrade,Smokes pretty good ! I can still taste the carbon coating even though I sanded the pipe lightly. I usually break my pipes in with Carter Hall,but I forgot to reorder it with my last tobacco purchase. Ranger.... I feel a Milverton coming ! LOL!
Can't you get CH locally? I'm lucky, buy mine at the Indian smoke shop. No taxes. $33 for a tub.

Ranger, There`s very few smoke shops left here on long island,the very few that are left are all catering to the pot crowd ! I went to one recently that was recommended to me and the rude bastard behind the counter was trying to charge me 17 + tax for a pouch of Capt. Black,when I asked him to double check the price he told me take it or leave it ! I promptly told him to shove it up his ass,So, yea, i can only buy online. LOL!

Ranger, There`s very few smoke shops left here on long island,the very few that are left are all catering to the pot crowd ! I went to one recently that was recommended to me and the rude bastard behind the counter was trying to charge me 17 + tax for a pouch of Capt. Black,when I asked him to double check the price he told me take it or leave it ! I promptly told him to shove it up his ass,So, yea, i can only buy online. LOL!
Sorry to hear that but I understand. Guess it's good that I didn't take the job in Ronkonkomo that I was offered back in 2002, lol. We don't have a pipe and tobacco store here anymore either but at least the Indian smoke shop carries CH, PA, and SWR. You must be a true gentleman, if some rude punk told me to take it or leave it I would have put it up his ass for him, lol.

Pre dinner smoke of H&H Chatham Manor in a Vauen Luxus blasted bent apple. Taste is better than the last bowl in a meer but having to sip really slow to keep from burning hot. More iced coffee helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-12-16-26-55.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-12-16-26-55.png
    940.2 KB · Views: 44
PS, I'm sitting on about a lb. and a half of CH. If you need a few oz. to break in the Lestrade would be glad to send some your way.

Any of you guys ever forget what tobaccos you have? Old timers kicking in? Wanted a lat blend for after dinner. Went to the tobacco stash for some Balkan Supreme and next to it was CS Northwest Trek. Forgot I even had it, lol. So having it in my new to me Mountbatten bent billiard. My lousy photos don't show it but this is a really nice straight grain. Tobacco pretty good but I prefer their Shepherds Pie. Honey bourbon aside.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-12-18-25-30.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-12-18-25-30.png
    748.7 KB · Views: 43