What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique 2021 in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Still working on a review of this blend, but I think I got a handle on everything I want to say now. Getting set to join my friends in our weekly Sunday zoom meeting.
WhitePipe_Paneled_Billiard.jpg

Rattray's Old Gowrie in a hand carved meer apple. This blend just doesn't work for me, same with Hal o the Wind. Scratches the back of my throat. Maybe the straight virginia, maybe too much perique? Anyone likes them PM me and I'll send them along.
BTW, I also have a couple oz's of Old Joe Krantz that I don't care for. If you like it, PM me and it's yours.

Not far from finishing this bowl of unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia Plug in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, orange roughy and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

A cold Monday morning starting off with some 2013 Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake with a little 2010 Gawith Hoggarth Dark Flake unscented that accidentally got mixed in (don’t ask!). The nutty, chocolate notes from the BBF combined with the cigar notes from the DFU almost gives this a Maduro cigar like taste! A happy accident for sure! Enjoying this in a Caminetto Business shape 137.
60DE4729-A9AF-4D84-A15E-6CDC7457B067.jpeg

CH in an MM general cob with morning coffee. A warm 60 on the patio with a slight breeze. Scanning the open area for the potentially rabid coyote that has been stalking folks in our area. Attacked one woman and bit her in the leg. With two small dogs being extra careful.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Now smoking the soon-to-be released version of my co-creation of Watch City Rouxgaroux in a late 50s, early 60s Comoy’s straight smooth dark brown Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite tapered stem. Got a bunch of tobacco today, 16 estate pipes, and one beautiful, unsmoked Timothy Hynick dublin. Gonna to be a busy day and a great one!
Comoy’s_Deluxe 20 billiard_50-60.jpg

Enjoyed a very tasty cinnamon raisin French toast and peach slices lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of Watch City COE Beta Test Blend #1 in a 1978 BBB straight smooth brown Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this great smoker! Such a beautiful day with lots of tobacco and pipes, and it's a off-diet day, too. Hard to want more than all of this. Going walking soon for exercise and to enjoy the weather.
B.B.B._Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

Now smoking Watch City COE Beta Test Blend #2 in a black and brown sandblasted quarter bend 2015 Brebbia 2112 Fat Bob squashed tomato with a tapered black acrylic stem. First time smoking this pipe. Was waiting for the right tobacco to smoke in it, which is a common occurrence for me. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Brebbia_Fat Boy.jpg

Enjoyed a very tasty cinnamon raisin French toast and peach slices lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of Watch City COE Beta Test Blend #1 in a 1978 BBB straight smooth brown Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this great smoker! Such a beautiful day with lots of tobacco and pipes, and it's a off-diet day, too. Hard to want more than all of this. Going walking soon for exercise and to enjoy the weather.
View attachment 2514
Had one exactly like that in college. Wonder if it's the same pipe lol.

2012 Esoterica Margate in a Stanwell brushed black slight bent pot. Iced coffee aside. Every time I light this one up it still amazes me how a $30 pipe can smoke so well. Nice day but wind picking up, gust to 40 mph.

Arango Balkan Supreme in a Design Berlin half bent dublin with Dr. Perl 9mm filter. This seems to take away a bit of the flavor. Will keep it to unfiltered in the future. Port wine on the side. Pretty near sublime, lol.