What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty peach, and am about a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 HU Sunset in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Love this pipe!
Dunhill pot.jpg

Good morning,
Custombilt Oom-paul Along with some Lane 1Q tobacco.Freshly perked Eldorado coffee.
Does anyone have any opinions on MacBarens other 7 seas blends? I enjoy the regular blend often. I probably would not be considering the red as I am not a fan of cherry tobacco`s. dark? royal? open to suggestions.

Smoking a Pete Lestrade along with some M/B regular blend.The last of my coffee. I need to get back out in the yard soon. Sunny but chilly 40 degrees here. I guess today's the day to get the tropical plants indoors,too

Good morning,
Custombilt Oom-paul Along with some Lane 1Q tobacco.Freshly perked Eldorado coffee.
Does anyone have any opinions on MacBarens other 7 seas blends? I enjoy the regular blend often. I probably would not be considering the red as I am not a fan of cherry tobacco`s. dark? royal? open to suggestions.
Only other I tried was the Royal. Didn't care for it.

Had a long, enjoyable bowl of year 2013 FVF in a 2002 three quarter bend light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano eight sided paneled shaped bulldog sitter with a black acrylic saddle stem.
That's such a cool pipe. Ardor being out there, but not too out there, which is often the case with Ardor. IMO

Hobbits Weed in a Don Carlos full bent brandy with morning coffee. Love this stuff. Busy morning. Had to put together new tack, bridle, bit, and reigns for Cochise. Then the repair guy for the fridge came early. Messed up my usual morning routine, lol.

Now smoking 1920s Buckingham Cut Plug Smoking Tobacco in a smooth brown medium bend early 1900s C.P.F. The Chesterfield (Peterson copy) French briar military mount billiard with a nickel cap and black vulcanite AB p-lip stem. Have enough left for a couple more bowls.
View attachment 2690
You actually have tobacco from the 20s? 100 year old tobacco? How did you acquire it? A gift for your 1st birthday? LOL.

Closing in on the half way mark of this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

You actually have tobacco from the 20s? 100 year old tobacco? How did you acquire it? A gift for your 1st birthday? LOL.
Don't you remember you bought it for me fresh off the shelf on your 60th birthday? :)

A friend gifted me a couple ounces last month from a freshly opened tin.

Going walking with a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Just came inside,had a quick lunch. Smoking an Italian made Stanwell filtered pipe along with some 7 seas regular blend. Cup of hot green tea -still chilly outside,but I am getting a lot of work done.

Don't you remember you bought it for me fresh off the shelf on your 60th birthday? :)

A friend gifted me a couple ounces last month from a freshly opened tin.

Going walking with a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
View attachment 2699
Yeah, I had forgotten that. Guess the dementia is kicking in, lol.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Verg 21 in a straight smooth brown 1920s (Comoy’s) Lions Head 123 pot with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Comoy’s_Lion's Head 123 pot.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to Mad Dog Russo on the XM.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

I`m tired and in pain from working in the yard for the last 6 hours.Smoking a Christmas Milverton along with some Lane 1Q Tobacco. Bottle of spring water,too

Did a set of walking reps on this chilly day, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9708B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9708B_pot.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, porter house steak and black beans over saffron rice dinner with a scoop of strawberry ice cream for dessert. I'm nearing the half way mark on the last of my open stash of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching one of my favorite movies, The Maltese Falcon. Some movies never wear out their welcome, and this is one of them.
Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard.jpg

Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard_Top.jpg