What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sutliff Balkan II in an Aldo Velani smooth 1/4 bent poker. Keurig Donut Shop coffee on the side. This is a somewhat so so blend. Not bad, but thin on the lat and smokes a bit warm for a Balkan. Certainly won't replace Arango Balkan Supreme as my go to Balkan.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and black beans dinner with a small scoop of strawberry ice cream for dessert. I'm just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Sticky Pudding in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. This pipe has always smoked like a frontline meer since I bought it for $5.95 over 46 years old. Working on a review of this blend. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching The Fuller Brush Girl starring Lucy and Eddie Albert.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Another feral cat (Stripesy) showed up, and wanted attention as much as he wanted food, so I gave him a little of my time. I used to take care of his and his brother's dad (Stripes) until we found him a good home. Wish I could do the same for the sons, but one of them (Shy Stripesy) is probably too feral to change. It's taken a year to even get within a few feet of him, and even then, he hides under the outdoor lounge chair until I leave before he'll come out and eat. Stripesy is the opposite as he loves attention from me and m'lady.

A third of the way through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a smooth straight brown circa WW2 Trapwell mountain laurel patent apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. I'll finish the day with this smoke.
Trapwell_apple.jpg

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Stanwell vario filtered pipe,this is the Italian made one. Anyway,Smoking BB Antietam tobacco along with a mug of freshly perked Colombian coffee

JimInks,
We have a bunch of outdoor/feral cats that show up to look for food. This summer a young intact male was waiting for me every morning when I went out to feed my flocks, of course he got fed too! I heard from a neighbor that his owner moved, I hope little Dude is doing well!

Morning gentlemen. Some CH in my fav MM general cob. Strong cowboy coffee to wake me up. Beautiful sunrise this am, but was out with the dog and by the time I grabbed my phone for a photo sun was up and it was too late. I had feral cats around my house in Oxnard but didn't feed them because I didn't want them crapping in my yard, which drew flys, or chasing my birds.

Same Charatan handmade billiard I've mentioned with Hu Director's Cut that a so-very generous BoB member gifted me a couple years ago. It's a shame that Hu doesn't have a US distributor, though maybe they wouldn't be able to handle the volume without sacrificing quality, or would even maybe not want to mess with it all at that kind of volume. Maybe I wouldn't be so fascinated with Hu if I got out and experimented more, but at the same time, I doubt it. I don't think I need to experience a hundred blenders to know Hu is special.

Close to finishing this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Finally got a good, solid night's sleep.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks,
We have a bunch of outdoor/feral cats that show up to look for food. This summer a young intact male was waiting for me every morning when I went out to feed my flocks, of course he got fed too! I heard from a neighbor that his owner moved, I hope little Dude is doing well!
I hope so, too.

About a third of the way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Sticky Pudding in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Working on a review of this blend.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg

I had a Peterson Deluxe Navy Roll in an MM Morgan while reorganizing the chickens. Now onto BriarWorks Pete's Beard in an MM Washington. The last few bowls of this haven't been as good as the top of the jar, I think I'll put it a side for a while.

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Castello natural virgin (Pi) 89. Normally a top shelf smoker; easily the best oom paulish I've ever owned, and I've owned many. Wish I had a photo (I will). It's the Castello shape that is a full bent poker. 4 year old PS Luxury Navy Flake. Operator error in packing, which resulted in an arduous smoke of constant farting around with poking down the chamber, trying to adjust the pack. A real disappointment, as I'd been thinking about smoking that pipe all day.