What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GREEK INDEPENDENCE WAR of 1821

As today at 25 March 1821 the Orthodox Greeks officially started the revolution against the ottoman empire fighting turks and their allies [muslims from albania,bosnia,egypt,croatia,algeria,tynice etc] to end a 400 year old tyranny and genocide.
Their motto was "Freedom of Death" and in few areas where the turks never manage to invade was "Win or Death".

22264316f373ff9554a04ca565fad1b6b5531d70.jpg

1821-2020: 199th Anniversary, "For Country-for God-for Family" !

I am smoking Petersen & Sorensen Blue Sapphire.

L' ENNEMI INTIME (2007) ,a War movie.
Algeria 1959, here is Captain Berthaut a WWII veteran brutally tortured by Gestapo now fighting the guerillas.

282829084d6711e062640ab3a441202a690423c2.jpg

I am smoking Domaine de Lavalette No 8.

According to the measures for the Coronavirus the Cafe are closed, you have to inform the authorities via sms or have on you a paper with signature-ID to prove that you are exiting home for a specific reason. You must wear gloves and musk and many people are not allowed to gather even in public.
Today i manage to ''escape'' from the ringer and go somewhere hidden and i send you the message that the Greek pipe smoker WILL NEVER SURRENDER !

28291004a2a0f06d87b836c0e0f7cb5ebe23db00.jpg

Skandinavik Sungold.

Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan (2007), Temüjin Borjigin rides to meet his army to confront his blood-brother for Mongol people leadership.

28310733c76f8b9b87c51408eff69ff8e7b3d090.jpg

I am smoking Robert McConnell Red Roses.

Greetings from Athens-Greece, although the Hygienist Commi(e)sion has a drone and two agents watching the neighbourhood the Greek pipe smoker manage to escape from the ringer passing the message to the other pipe smokers around the World:
RESISTANCE !

283233619d540a50ff69fa39c8163ead8d397c9d.jpg

DTm Vanilla Honeydew.

Happy Easter, everyone. I'm enjoying some Bob's Chocolate Flake by G&H in a bent Aktas meer. Black coffee in the side.

The Battle of Jangsari (2019) a War film based on a real story:
During the Korean War, a group of 772 student soldiers led by a guerrilla task force commander is tasked with staging a diversionary mission at Jangsari Beach in South Korea, in order to deceive the North Korean forces into thinking the opposition forces would launch a decisive invasion there. In doing so, they would be able to pave the way for the Incheon Landing Operation. Meanwhile, an American reporter and war correspondent covers the Korean War and tries to get help from the international community as the soldiers struggle to accomplish their mission due to a lack of proper training, weapons, and adequate food and supplies.
The mission was to attack Jangsari Beach, and cut off the North Korean Army’s supply chain but it's a suicide mission because the beach was full or wires-mines and bunkers with machine guns.Those teenagers with less than two weeks military training (NO Marine style exercises), tossed into combat without suitable equipment, sufficient provisions or ammunition not even a serial number to identify them!

283306599f1ff8b0a749c251647f72fe36f88fc6.jpg

Decades later one of the survived students stands in the same beach and shouting the names of his dead friends.

I am smoking Briar Patch Country Pleasure, double Greek coffee beside me.

Amphora Burley Blend in a Mark Twain cob - a comfortable pipe for walkabouts.

A quiet leisurely stroll along one of the back trails on our property, the redbuds and dogwoods in bloom on a peaceful, sunny day - a world apart from the pandemic news.