What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting off my smoking day with this bowl from a freshly opened first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a Pete Christmas Professor with the last of my molto dolce tobacco along with a k-cup while the Eldorado coffee perks.
Jim,do you have any opinions on the Neerup brand of pipes?
I’m smoking my Neerup right now. It’s a volcano and it smokes nice.

A Stanwell shape (no longer in production, and I'm not saying because I'm convinced people are watching this who don't post, but who do influence ebay prices. if I want another, I don't feel like paying 2-5Xs more than now). I was in the mood to experiment, and I'm possibly the worst at this of all pipe smokers. Like Stokkebye cube cut 41. Love Picayune. So why not a pinch of Picayune in a bowl of 41? Wrong. Even the few ribbons with the 41 was not a good idea. Not terrible, but will not be repeating. I should have stuck with the 41 alone. I was in the mood for the cocoa notes, but the Picayune in the tiniest dose overran the 41.

Good morning,
Smoking a Pete Christmas Professor with the last of my molto dolce tobacco along with a k-cup while the Eldorado coffee perks.
Jim,do you have any opinions on the Neerup brand of pipes?
No. I've never owned one.

Smoking a Savinelli 320 author pipe with some MB Seven seas regular blend. K-cup too.
So,after much research online, I ended up buying P Jeppesen Neerup Pipe,It`s a large bent brandy shape pipe called the Ida. It`s handmade in Denmark which I prefer. I really wanted the natural wood smooth finish,but settled for a sandblast because I can not justify spending 3 hundred dollars on a pipe...

Sutliff Black Cordial in a vintage but undated J. R. Beasly semi bent billiard. English black tea to pair. This pipe is an enigma to me. When I ordered it off Ebay it was listed as a JM Boswell. When I received it I didn't notice the different maker right away but did after a couple of weeks. Was going to return it but I liked the looks of it and since I didn't pay much decided to keep it. It says JR Beasly and below that in cursive script it says USA. When I looked him up it said he owned a pipe and tobacco store in Leeds England. Made his own pipes and blended custom tobacco for bis customers. So, what's up with the USA mark?? Can anyone shed light on this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211204-143445_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211204-143445_Gallery.jpg
    990 KB · Views: 39
I tremendously enjoyed the zoom. During it, I smoked:
First release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth natural medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a vulcanite black tapered AB stem.
4AB_Rust_left.jpg

Then, I did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in my trusty 1970s smooth three quarter bend Peterson System Standard 305 with a black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_System_Standard305.jpg

Last pipe of the day,Smoking some old Capt Black royal in a large Molina half bent pipe along with a decaf coffee.
Another busy day at work tomorrow, I was informed earlier that I am working Monday as well. Maybe I can buy another NEERUP, LOL!

Almost half way through this bowl of Watch City Old Dominion Flake 25th Anniversary in a 1970s slight bend medium brown Caminetto business 134 poker with a pearl gold acrylic stem. Working on a review of this soon-to-be released blend.
Caminetto_Business134_poker.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking year 2018 Sutliff Crumble Kake VaPerique Brick in a straight smooth brown post-WWII Derby Natural Grain billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the original Ocean's Eleven. It's as terrible as I remembered.
Derby_Natural_Grain_billiard.jpg

Country Squire Choctaw in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant bent billiard. For a non burley this is good with morning coffee. Right up there with Rivendell as a quality aro. Quiet morning. Lots of birdies fighting over the bird bath

Attachments

• 20211205_082121.jpg
    20211205_082121.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 20211205_081609.jpg
    20211205_081609.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41