What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got some sleep, and after that, I caught up on missed phone calls as I smoked a bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rainbow trout and sugar snap peas dinner with sliced strawberries over a half a chocolate muffin. M'lady ate the other half. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Hollywood Hotel starring Dick Powell.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty navel orange, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Can't believe I'm the 1st to post this morning. Everyone else must be sleeping in, lol. Sid doesn't count as he is several hours ahead of us. Anyway it's CS Rivendell in a Don Carlos blasted bent apple with cowboy coffee. No birdies yet. They must be sleeping in too. Lol.

Just finished smoking this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Finally got a good night's sleep, and with any luck, the snow and ice won't cause a power shortage.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a very tasty cinnamon raisin French toast and sliced orange lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Larry's Sweet Espresso #17 is my drink. Zooming with a few fellow pipers.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

GH Balkan Mixture in an MM Diplomat to go along with a Sweet Vermouth and Sparkling Water while watching the second half of the SF/DAL game. The tamale pie was a delicious hit!

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of Wessex Curly Block in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching a Tim Holt western.
Dunhill_1984Shell_4103_Billiard.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad and pot roast dinner with pinto beans on the side. Was too full to have dessert, but half a chocolate muffin is in my near future. I've just passed the half way mark on this bowl of unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Dan Tobacco Salty Dog in a Boswell. It’s really good. The plug is moist and dense, I sliced off a flake and
Broke it up, rubbing it out wasn’t easy since it was almost sticky, so I just cut it up. I was worried that I didn’t let it dry enough - only a few minutes, but it is smoking fine with only an occasional relight needed. The run isn’t very noticeable, and the perique isn’t very spicy, but this is a very smooth, enjoyable tobacco. Natural sweetness. Room note (it’s so cold I’m smoking in the garage instead of my usual front porch spot) seems quite pleasant.
View attachment 3592
View attachment 3593
That flake looks really good, almost looks edible