What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28417415c69dcd5d516c00f63e3ac04c29ff2c1b.jpg

I am watching the ''6 Days'' [2017] movie while smoking Solani Golden Blend 779 English Luxury, ice tea beside me.

GH Dark Flake (u) in a Stanwell royal prince nosewarmer.

Strong winds picking up as storm front approaches, but earlier it was still and sunny, perfect piping weather. Just enough time to enjoy a bowl of my own blend called Magna Carta in a paneled twin-vent Design Berlin 9mm.

This is a blend of primarily two types of Burley, with 1/6 Astley's Dark Virginia No. 88, and 1/6 a lightly-smoked wholesale Latakia that I've re-hydrated with a spritz of Wicked Joe's Dark Italian Roast and smidge of dark brown sugar to take off any astringent, throat-drying edge. After a couple of months together in a mason jar it has come along nicely. Aaaah.... that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! :sunny:

Another quiet, beautiful morning before afternoon winds set in. My own blend called Java Nut in a Savinelli Tortuga.

This is three types of Burley in equal portion, and 1/7 Sutliff TS3, a good all-purpose Cavendish for blending. Topped with medium roast Brazilian and nut flavoring.

Been so busy lately.... changed brakes on my sons Honda Civic, finally got home to eat around 8pm.

Esoterica Dorchester is Castello old sea rock pot.

Some Country Squire Figgy Pudding (I know out of season but still enjoyable) in a Peterson A2, I generally like bent pipes more but as far as straights go I like this one.

Reviewing some of the blends I have on hand that were discussed in the recent Perfect English thread. This is Arango Balkan Supreme in an old 60's Hardcastle.

Before the thunderstorm rolled in I enjoyed a home pressed blend of 515 RC-1, OGS, & D&R Rimboche SJ in a Castello Old Antiquary 55. Then some Father Dempsey in an Avanti Rock Briar pot. Glad I didn't pack three pipes as I barely made it in before the deluge.

1792 in a cob... pleasant n.e. kansas evening. Unseasonably cool and not the standard wind.

THEIR BETRAYAL
The majority of pipe smokers are people with morals, dignity, honesty, integrity. On the contrary, the people on the Hygienist Anti-pipe smoking Committee are people without morals and honour, people who are insidious and evil who use dishonest means. The Cafes were to open last week, this was the agreement and we followed the rules as real Men but the committee's rats managed to convince politicians that "it is good for the public good" not to open for another 2 weeks. They were sentenced us still to smoke our pipe on the benches in parks and squares and we know they were laughing at us but i will remind to these wicked people two explicitly:
"Whoever waits gets everything" and "Whoever laughs last laughs better".

284285718aca61d0f50ff8d2c6290c883109f1fb.jpg

I am smoking Planta No1 in a Brebbia, double espresso beside me trying to stay calm while looking what the Mother-Nature offer to us.

enjoy Sid! Nice pic.  I always smoke a pipe outside so i can see he trees which there are hundreds of them in my yard and also my garden and also vineyards.  Cardinals are aplenty as well as so many other birds and creatures.  Herds of deer, etc.

had a bowl of spark plug in a dublin preben holm with a moccha java pot of coffee.  started out foggy ad then just cloudy and dreary even.  storms due here soon.

I also get to hang with my dog too - always a pleasure!!!

Sid: I enjoy the pic. Some of your passionate outcries raise my blood pressure (as they're doubtless intended to do!), so I've nicknamed you The Piping Pericles! But I look forward to the peaceful days of yore when you posted those lovely still life pics of pipe and coffee. I always looked forward to seeing them! My favorite is the one with the bent Stanwell.

Nothing pic worthy today. It has been mostly quiet on this drizzly, dreary day sitting under covered porch until our German Shepherd sounded the alarm at some deer trying to nibble at the Mountain Laurels. Smoking Gaslight in an SMS meer. All I can say is Preben must be made of sterner stuff than I!! :pirat:

Brunello":wrb7g056 said:
Nothing pic worthy today. It has been mostly quiet on this drizzly, dreary day sitting under covered porch until our German Shepherd sounded the alarm at some deer trying to nibble at the Mountain Laurels. Smoking Gaslight in an SMS meer. All I can say is Preben must be made of sterner stuff than I!! :pirat:
that is my Holy Grail in all seriousness.  Since Balkan Sobranie 759 is no longer available - Gaslight is it!  Just luscious!

maybe that is the reason for all of my typos (plus the arthritis throughout my body).

you can send your gaslight to me at.........

i usually have 5-6 lbs at all times and now am down to my last pund which i am openeing one of the 8 oz tins tomorrow or sunday.  (starting to get the shakes)

IHT":ha23x6kg said:
SG Grousemoor in a Stanwell churchwarden
I've always been tempted by Grousemoor but have been scared when I read how people say it is "oddly perfumed."

Is your churchwarden a HCA or something else?