What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have had a very busy day, and enjoyed a few smokes during that time. Right now, I'm close to finishing this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball prince with a tapered cumberland stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

C&D Star of the East in a Studio bent rhodesian. Hot Earl Gray tea aside. Don't get the hype over this. Yea it's an English but not that great and burns a little warm. Don't really pick up on the Lat. Not sure what to call whatever is coming down right now. Not rain, not snow, not really sleet. I'm sure the Eskimo people have a name for it, lol.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

This evening's smoke is Dunhill Flake in a dedicated Rob Roy cob, only 4 pipe fills left in this tin.

Ranger,
I have not found a C&D English/Balkan blend that was worth buying again. Pease, Drucquer, BriarWorks and Capt. Earles each have one or two which I enjoy. Oh I forgot Father Dempsey!

This evening's smoke is Dunhill Flake in a dedicated Rob Roy cob, only 4 pipe fills left in this tin.

Ranger,
I have not found a C&D English/Balkan blend that was worth buying again. Pease, Drucquer, BriarWorks and Capt. Earles each have one or two which I enjoy. Oh I forgot Father Dempsey!
Have to agree. Some were okay but not worth repeating. The blends you gifted me, the GH, Drucquer, and Lancer Slices especially, were much better.

Stanwell freehand with Luxury Navy Flake. When I bought this pipe, I mistakenly thought it was from the 80s and presmoked, but it was actually circa 2004-2006 and never smoked. One of the finest smoking pipes I've ever owned.

Stanwell freehand with Luxury Navy Flake. When I bought this pipe, I mistakenly thought it was from the 80s and presmoked, but it was actually circa 2004-2006 and never smoked. One of the finest smoking pipes I've ever owned.
Stanwells are generally good pipes. Never had a bad one. Just some better than others. One of my best smokers is a cheapie brushed black pot bought from P&C for $30.

Rotten day so far. Snow, freezing temps, north wind blowing 30-40MPH; plus I've developed a damn head cold!!! No bowls in my immediate future🤬🤬🤬. FTRPLT

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg