What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball prince with a tapered cumberland stem.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Now smoking Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead plug in a medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. I don't have a release date on this upcoming blend, but I can say it's made of pure, well aged Virginias from several countries, and it's a real plug to be sold in four ounce bars. This will likely be interrupted by dinner, but I'll finish it afterward.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Dublin.jpg

After a very nice dinner of salmon and fresh asparagas smoking some Sutliff East Farthing in a Bjarne bent billiard. Trying to finish this up so I can repurpose the jar for a decent English. This is so bland I'm not sure it even qualifies as an English blend. Creme sherry on the side.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with strawberries and pineapple for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2014 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1915-1920 straight smooth dark brown BBB Own Make 150 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Own Make_150_apple.jpg

Good Sunday morning, all.

I’m smoking a 2010 tin of Bob’s Chocolate Flake by G&H in an Aktas latticed bent billiard meer.
When I cellared this a decade + ago, I wasn’t sure how well this Lakeland blend was going to age. I mean, grandma’s perfume and potpourri can only get so sweet, right?:p

All I can say is WOW. This stuff ages really well. I loved this stuff when I originally stocked up and I like it even more now.

I know that Lakeland blends aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but G&H’s offerings seem to really tickle my fancy.

Last edited:
Took a little break with the flu or something. Some nice looking pipes since I last looked. The Z Pack helped, but I couldn't taste anything. 4th smoke in my newly acquired Italian pokeresque thing with Luxury Navy Flake.

Half way through this bowl of year 2015 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Took a little break with the flu or something. Some nice looking pipes since I last looked. The Z Pack helped, but I couldn't taste anything. 4th smoke in my newly acquired Italian pokeresque thing with Luxury Navy Flake.
Did you post pics of the Italian pipe?

Did you post pics of the Italian pipe?
I did not. I don't have a picture of it yet. I've been threatening [myself] to photograph my pipes for this thread, but...I got no excuses. And I'll be honest. I'm not very motivated. While I suck for not taking full part in the fun of this thread, I'm also convinced people are lurking pipe forums and jacking market prices as they see something that looks good, smokes well, etc. It doesn't make sense to me to help create competition and to contribute to higher prices of the pipes I want. You know...someone can't complain about their favorite fishing hole getting overrun with traffic if they're one of the people loudmouthing the location and how great the fishing is.

Almost half way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Time for my weekly zoom chat with a few pipe buddies.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg