What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two giant pork chops and two corn on the cobs with two chocolate eclairs, and a blueberry muffin for dessert. It'll take a few days to work off the calories, but it is worth it! :) I'm nearing the half way mark on this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is the first small batch test version, which will be the same as the final release. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

How the heck do you eat 4 ham, egg, and cheese biscuits and still lose weight? I can look at a chocolate eclair and gain 4 lbs.
On the days I diet, I am very strict about what I eat and my calorie count. I might gain a few pounds on the days I take off, but I seldom take more one in a row and rarely off-diet the entire day.

About an hour ago I opened a can of tobacco I blended and pressed about a year ago using a very large commercial Nemco tuna press. it's made up of:
P.S. 310 latakia 16 oz
P.S. 313 Oriental 4 oz
P.S. 314 Dark Fired 2 oz
P.S. 201 Black Cavendish 4 oz
Sutliff 507-S Black Virginia 4 oz
Sutliff Red Virginia 515 RC-1 4 oz
Blending Perique 4 oz
Cigars
1 Ramon Bueso maduro robusto
1 Graycliff Bahanas Golden Connecticut robusto
1 A. Flores Serie Privada desflorado toro
1 Habano laguito #6 toro

Before the pressing I smoked a couple of bowls and the cigar leaf was quite faint. This evening the cigar leaf is really making its presence known. In that the cigar leaf only makes up about 10-12% of the blend, I was very surprised how it came forward. I found it very enjoyable and quite different from what I'd been smoking.

Nemco - 55800 - Easy Tuna Press™ | eTundra
Nemco tuna press

Last edited:
Two Allied cemeteries in Greece (Lemnos island) with a total of 224 Australian and New Zealand soldiers buried there, today commemorate April 25, the day the Gallipoli landed in 1915, the national anniversary of Australia and New Zealand. ANZAC DAY, a day in honor of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) that participated with hundreds of dead in this bloody war at the entrance to the Straits of the Hellespont during World War I. Thousands of wounded, estimated at more than 4,000, were treated in Lemnos, which was the base of the Allied Forces. 148 Australians and 76 New Zealand soldiers died in a campaign hospital set up in the village of Sarpi, Lemnos, as well as on ships. Along with many other African, Indian and of course English soldiers who were all buried in the two allied cemeteries in Lemnos.

VGe9Sti.jpg

31dB4Pz.jpg

Skandinavik White.

48° and overcast. Glad to have this cool weather sticking around for another little bit. British smooth handmade billiard with new Luxury Navy Flake. I think I'm going to put away the aged for a while and keep smoking this new stuff. A very satisfying smoke.

About a third of a bowl left of year 2015 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

About a third of a bowl left of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

I was surprised I didn't gain any weight from yesterday's off-diet day, so I enjoyed a double meat pastrami sandwich and a pickle with the last chocolate eclair for lunch. I'm close to finishing this bowl of Watch City Glass Slipper Micro-Batch in an undated straight brown sandblasted Tom Eltang cherrywood with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Tom_Eltang_Cherrywood.jpg

Did a second set of walking reps, and have about a quarter of a bowl left of Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a straight smooth brown 1960s-70s BBB Own Make 506 Canadian with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB Own Make 506 Canadian.jpg

Now smoking aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-1952 (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_CorinthianDe-Luxe_Sutliff126 pot .jpg

Enjoyed a short nap, followed by a little snacking, and then a long, pleasurable bowl of year 2013 FVF in a 2002 three quarter bend light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano eight sided paneled shaped bulldog sitter with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano square shaped bulldog.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Rattrays Old Gowrie in a smooth brown 1976 GBD Seventy Six 256 lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This should get me to dinner time.
GBD_Lumberman.jpg