What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50° and clear. Cooler weather still holding strong, thank goodness. Charatan second sandblasted lovat with new Luxury Navy Flake. Old wood that is dense and light as a feather. A good smoke, but lesser so because of a chard of tobacco stuck in the airhole. One of those days I felt like a rookie. ARGH!

Half way through this bowl of year 2015 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Just finished smoking 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is the first small batch test version, which will be the same as the final release. Time to do more walking reps.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Now smoking Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead plug in a medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Dublin.jpg

Doing some yard work after a long day at work. Was able get a short bowl of Escudo in a meerschaum this am. But, I've been wanting another bowl all day. Finally, a break outside in 81 degree weather and sun, made time for bowl of Haunted Bookshop in a MM Legend. Funny thing about this pipe is it's a beater that I forgot outside under a grill cover for three years. It was a little funky but cleaned up with some ethanol and pipe cleaners, and smokes pretty dang good. I love cobs. Swede

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking aged Walnut in a 1990s smooth briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule and a black lucite stem. Haven't smoked either blend or pipe in quite a while. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Butz-Choquin_Maitre_PipierJR _hornMM.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2015 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a straight black 1925 Dunhill patent shell Canadian 33 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Gold Star Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1925_Canadian.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 159 *4 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. It started sprinkling, so I'll check later to see if it slackens.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_159apple.jpg

Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2021 KBV Your Welcome in a straight smooth dark brown 1930s (Comoy’s) Canadian Club 230 eight paneled billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Canadian_Club230(Comoy)_paneled-Billiard.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Mac Baren Original Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg