What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a Father's Day "treat" smoking pre-1974 Larus Bros. Edgeworth Sliced Burley in a clay tavern pipe! Then another bowl of the same in a huge (over 7" long) David Jones partially rusticated Rhodesian!! Took most of the morning to finish smoking this big boy!! Happy Father's Day to all!! FTRPLT

Enjoyed a tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch and have a third of a bowl left of Dan/DTM Timm’s No Name Gold Flake in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Zooming with pipe buddies.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Pre dinner smoke, Cobblestone Cafe Black Coffee in a Design Berlin smooth 1/2 bent dublin with 9mm filter. I only give this 2 stars. Not bad but there are a lot of better aros out there. Just ice water on the side as I am out of bergs.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rock fish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Super Sleuth starring Jack Oakie and Ann Southern.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Bright Flek in a straight smooth medium brown year 1912 Henry Tongue billiard with a tapered amber stem. First time smoking this pipe.
Henry Tongue_cased.jpg

Top o the mornin laddies. Enjoying CS Rivendell in a Sav Hercules bent billiard with strong Costa Rican blend coffee. Was a cool 50 degrees when I got up this morning. No wind so very pleasant sitting here watching the birds and bunnies and contemplating life.

78° and clear. An early Ashton sandblast based on the Dunhill 120 with Crown Achievement. I see Pipestud had a couple tins of original Crown Achievement. They were tempting, but not enough at $70/tin.

Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Dan/DTM Timm’s No Name Gold Flake in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. Putting the finishing touches on a review of this blend.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Been watching the Braves-Giants game.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of in a straight smooth medium brown year 1912 Henry Tongue bulldog with a silver cap and band and an amber saddle stem with an orific bit. First time smoking this pipe.
Henry Tongue_cased.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Smoking some Low country hazelnut in a Neerup bent brandy,nothing special,but not a bad blend. Where did Capt. black- copper go ? Nobody seems to have it anymore !