What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've almost a quarter of a bowl left of year 2022 F&T Cut Virginia Plug in a smooth brown medium bend 2002 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A dublin sitter with a small horn ferrule accent and black acrylic saddle stem. Yes, this blend was changed, too. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Karl_Erik_Eks.A_Dublin_sitter.jpg

Director's Cut from a tin bought in 2018. When I popped it, it was too DFK-forward, when it used to be more perique-forward. I didnt enjoy that, esp when there was Orlik DSK, Montgomery, and Newminster 403 lying around. A couple years later, it's sweeter, there's still not much perique, and it sure smokes fast, even when the coins aren't rubbed out, moisture level is medium, and the pipe was slightly overpacked.

I still love it, though.
Has the DFK simmered down much?

74° and very muggy. Feels hot. The newly scrubbed Stanwell freehand with new Luxury Navy Flake. It keeps smoking better and better. A wonderful caramel and molasses nuanced smoke. Rich and sweet tones. I would have packed another bowl if I'd had the time; hit the iron while its hot.

Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2022 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a straight dark brownish rocky 1960-70s Peterson meer poker with a factory replacement tapered black AB p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_Meer_Poker.jpg

Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2022 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a straight dark brownish rocky 1960-70s Peterson meer poker with a factory replacement tapered black AB p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 5230
Now I know where J.M. Boswell got the idea of his Lava Rock rustication. Beautiful Pete.

Just finished smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

About a third of a bowl left of year 2022 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Has the DFK simmered down much?
I think it's just the effects of aging. I still miss the perique.

Why do think it smoked so fast, like an underfilled cigar? My pipe was as full as it can get. I did leave it out for a while longer than usual, but it was far from crispy. Maybe I misunderestimated my pack. Maybe the unrubbed out coins created pockets of air?

I think it's just the effects of aging. I still miss the perique.

Why do think it smoked so fast, like an underfilled cigar? My pipe was as full as it can get. I did leave it out for a while longer than usual, but it was far from crispy. Maybe I misunderestimated my pack. Maybe the unrubbed out coins created pockets of air?
Must be how you packed it. Glad the DFK has simmered down because I jarred mine in hopes that it would.

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2022 Wessex Burley Slice in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Working on a revised review of this blend. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
WhitePipe_Paneled_Billiard.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Cards game.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg