What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a smooth dark brown medium bend year 1924 Dunhill 136A double patent apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. There's something truly awesome abut smoking pipes of this and earlier vintages. It really enhances my smoking experience and reminds me of how lucky I am to own pipes like this.
View attachment 5401
Yes, you are very lucky to have such a wonderful collection. I am envious.

Now smoking KBV Sweet Muffin 2 beta: Attack of the Scone in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. Making beta test review notes.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Now smoking KBV Amsterdamer Flek #2 beta test in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Making beta review notes.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Getting ready to leave work with a bowl full of Elizabethian Match in a Canadian Walnut Antique made from Algerian briar. Pipe came in a ebay lot and the shank was cleanly broken 1 inch where the stem enters. Pinned and glued it back together and been smoking it for about 3 years now. Canadians are one of my more favorite shapes to smoke but are further down the list for cleaning them.View attachment 5402
Thanks for giving that old beauty a new life. I love the classic shape of Canadians and long shank Lovat’s.

Sorry for my tardiness, but I’ve been on a Watch City Flake #558 binge for the past few days. All I’d be doing is reposting the same information except for a different pipe here and there. This stuff smells like a barnyard in the jar, but holy smoke it’s good! It’s like a five star codger-va/per! I just want to keep smoking it until I break out in a sweat and turn green. Lol.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with a small scoop of double chocolate ice cream for dessert. I'm closing in on the half way mark on this bowl of Chacom No. 4 in a late 50s, early 60s Comoy’s straight smooth dark brown Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Montana starring Errol Flynn.
View attachment 5386
I love the look and grain on your Comoy!

I love the look and grain on your Comoy!
Thanks. That's one of my favorite pipes. If we ever phone chat, you'll enjoy the story of how I ended up with it.

Enjoyed one of the world's latest lunches, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 F&T Cut Virginia Plug in a post-WWII Bertram 60 straight smooth dark brown squat bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Bertram 60 squat bulldog.jpg

Last smoke of the day,Parker slightly bent pot along with Lane RLP-6 and a quick decaf k-cup, I am certainly not looking forward to volunteering at the soup kitchen tomorrow,but, I will wait to see how it plays out. It`s supposed to be in the mid 90`s tomorrow,so I won`t be a happy camper anyway.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2016 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the All-Star game.
Barling_249.jpg

Thanks. That's one of my favorite pipes. If we ever phone chat, you'll enjoy the story of how I ended up with it.

Enjoyed one of the world's latest lunches, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 F&T Cut Virginia Plug in a post-WWII Bertram 60 straight smooth dark brown squat bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
View attachment 5413
I’d be interested in the hearing the story behind both of your favorite pipes. The Barling and Comoy military mounts.