What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendal Cream Flake in a Rad Davis Squashed Tomato

Attachments

• IMG_8080.jpg
    IMG_8080.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
Just had a quick bowl of C&D Pasha's Dream in a HS Saddle stem, sandblasted Tomato. It warmed up a bit, having just reached 31 degrees F, or .3 C! A cold snap has come into town and the patio was, shall we say, refreshing! Regardless, this is a wonderful blend for the weather, that's for certain!

Maiden voyage of Reiners Long Golden Flake No. 71 in a Ropp Vintage Sandblast Devil Anse (bone stem), outdoors as it has just warmed up to 41F/5C, Accompanied with Black, dark roasted Cowboy Coffee and a northern wind. Beautiful tobacco!

Ropp vintage Devil Anse sandbast with two tone bone stem.jpg

Sitting on the patio bundled up as it got down to 28 last night, lol. Finishing up some PA in a Butz Choquin magnum. Got well over an hour to go with Firehouse dark roast. Still waiting for suggestions from you guys on bulk burley/virginia blends similar to CH and SWR. Want to try the Edgeworth RR match but out of stock last two times I ordered.

First test of Sutliff Count Polanski in a Road Town black, short billiard. Very mild and mellow tobacco...needs a bit more omph to it. Enjoyed outdoors (a bit warmer today...43F/6C right now) while watching inland seagulls dance in the wind. Good black Cowboy Coffee as a dance partner.

28th October 1940 - 28th October 2020, the "NO Day" anniversary.

Today is one of the greatest days in Greek History because that date at 1940 the Fascist italian army with full support from the albanians invaded to my country at 5.00 am. We fought for our Country, our Religion, our Families! We destroy them and liberated again the North Epirus while the "rooster wings" Fascists were running like chickens.
They were far more than us with better equipment, they attacked first without any reason under the banner or "Fascio" but we fought under the Blue banner with the White Cross and send them to Hell...the Greeks WON !

25564289a20f697ef2473c0c827b9b2877c4ef92.jpg

I will raise my pipe with McClelland grand orientals Drama Reserve to the memory of those brave Greek men and women, Army and Citizens. All of them fought like real Heroes and thanks to them we are free now! God rest their souls, we will always remember and honour them.
Long live the memory of EON and the Greek Royal Constabulary, long live Greek Army.

First test of Sutliff Count Polanski in a Road Town black, short billiard. Very mild and mellow tobacco...needs a bit more omph to it. Enjoyed outdoors (a bit warmer today...43F/6C right now) while watching inland seagulls dance in the wind. Good black Cowboy Coffee as a dance partner.
Tried some of the Count couple months ago. Liked the taste but agree with you, kind of bland. Also smoked a bit hot at times.

Maiden voyage of another new pipe...a Morgan Bones Chubby straight Rhodesian. Unsmoked, the pipe felt like it has a tighter draw than my other pipes. In use though with C&D Derringer, it smoked wonderfully. I'm a taste hunter and so many nuances came out with this nosewarmer. A very lovely experience out on the patio (It's 20 degrees warmer today in Southeast Idaho). Accompanied with black Cowboy Coffee, blue skies and two magpies. Great tobacco, slow burning tobacco. 3/4 of a bowl, lightly packed, provided 45 mins of bliss.

Morgan Bones.jpg

Smoking my second bowl of the day in this Peterson XL11 Christmas pipe.
First smoke was with Carter Hall. Now I am smoking H&H Butternut Burley.
It's still chilly, raw, and rainy out today, so I'm smoking in my man cave while
drinking a cup of Donut Shop coffee.

Had half bowl of C&D Bluegrass in the new Morgan Bones Rhodesian...this is a great little pipe. It certainly brings out many of the flavors of this blend. Diggin' the Kentucky in there. Yum.

Followed up with a nice 1 mile walk in the 49 degree, clear sky night under the near full light of Grandmother Moon.

Smoking my second bowl of the day in this Peterson XL11 Christmas pipe.
First smoke was with Carter Hall. Now I am smoking H&H Butternut Burley.
It's still chilly, raw, and rainy out today, so I'm smoking in my man cave while
drinking a cup of Donut Shop coffee.
How does the H&H compare to CH?