What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
University Flake in a Peterson Deluxe 2s

IMG_8090.jpg

My second post COVID pipe this afternoon. John Bull Royal English in a Bones Bent Dublin. Nothing, absolutely nothing in the way of taste/smell. Nothing on the snork. More recovery time is called for. Disappointing? Yes. But I remain optimistic.

Backwoods pipe tobacco. Same guys that make the cigars. I don't go for the flavored stuff (grape, cherry etc.). This is a burly mix that kind of reminds me of the old Field and Stream. They call it their Natural blend.

First pipe of C&D Odessa in a Ropp Sandblast Devil Anse. Ahh...this is my kind of tobacco! Savored with a cup of Cowboy Black Coffee following a lunch of Rice and Beans cooked up with Southwestern homemade rub. Perfect!

My third post COVID smoke. Hal O’ the Wynd in an Arley Curtz bent Brandy w/partial bamboo shank. The good news is that some taste and smell is returning! Not a lot mind you, but certainly some. I believe that bodes well for the future! Edit to add that I have a wee dram of Laphroiag 10 on the side and I can definitely taste that! Good news!
QeQCoa6.jpg

Enjoying McBaren Vanilla Cream in a Sasieni full bent rhodesian on the patio with Costco Firehouse roast coffee watching the birds on our feeder. Life is good.

Beautiful pipe there, T.D.

Enjoyed a tasting bowl of Orlik Golden Slice, first in a German clay and cross compared to a Rattray Golden smooth bent apple Goblin, a gentle little sipper of of a pipe that is easing into VA's with black, Cowboy Coffee on the side.

Rattray's Smooth Goblin Bent Apple.jpg

Backwoods pipe tobacco. Same guys that make the cigars. I don't go for the flavored stuff (grape, cherry etc.). This is a burly mix that kind of reminds me of the old Field and Stream. They call it their Natural blend.

That sounds right in my wheelhouse Mike. I do like the natural backwoods cheroots.

Cheers,

RR

Smoking WC Rouxgaroux in a twin bore rusticated Radice bent Apple. I’m not tasting much but the Perique is very spicy on my tongue. With this post COVID taste/smell thing, I feel like I’m back at square one with discerning how a blend tastes. The difference is, I know how these blends should taste.

Brewdude. I too like their Natural cigars and found their pipe tobacco by accident. Has been a regular for me for awhile now. I believe I get mine at Pipes and Cigars.