What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Good Morning friends.
Today I thought I'd try a little experiment.
After yearning for and finally tasting Hobbit Weed. My lord I loved it.
(Thanks again to our buddy Ranger).
I thought I'd buy from source, and get it straight from America. No problem there, and I couldn't believe how cheap it was, until I had to add postage, still OK so far, then I had to add British taxation on tobacco😡. It took the price up from £25 to almost £125. I guess you can all imagine my response to that right.
So then I thought, there must be a recipe somewhere on the net. And yes there was, Happy chappy, until I found out that the ingredients were all American, and none available in the UK. Once again faced dropped☹️.
So then I thought OK, we MUST have a UK equivalent. And I know my good mate Gawith (actually I don't know him, but would like to shake his hand).
Anyway I know he makes a lot of American blends, so passing over my wallet to Mrs Z. I sent her off to my Tobacconist. And I have just made my own. It looks good, smells somewhat similar. (pics original left, mine right)
But I will store it and let it age before sampling it. Wish me luck.
Oh oh sorry, I digress.
Smoking my Butz Choquin Rodeo, in honour of our good friend Ranger. Plugged with Condor Ready Rubbed.
Well I hope that didn't bore you to much.
Have a great day my friends.

Attachments

• 20220819_125807.jpg
    20220819_125807.jpg
    872.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220819_133309.jpg
    20220819_133309.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Zip, so sorry about your situation buddy. I had the same experience here when I tried to send it to you initially. I had asked how much to send a 3 oz package to your address. Was very reasonable. When I told them it was tobacco the postage went up by 6x and they said I had to fill out a customs form. So took it to the PO in the corner market close to my house and told them it was postcards, lol. Guy looked at me, said ok and stamped it. Will try to get you some more soon.

Just finishing up a bowl of Urban Cowboy in the Sav 606EX with a big mug of cowboy coffee. Warm but cloudy, more rain predicted. Had some rare visitors in the bird feeder yesterday afternoon. See them on the ground usually but not often in the feeders. Babies were really cute.

Attachments

• 20220818_161213.jpg
    20220818_161213.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220818_161203.jpg
    20220818_161203.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Just finishing up a bowl of Urban Cowboy in the Sav 606EX with a big mug of cowboy coffee. Warm but cloudy, more rain predicted. Had some rare visitors in the bird feeder yesterday afternoon. See them on the ground usually but not often in the feeders. Babies were really cute.
What kind of birds are they Ranger, Mrs Z said "Ermm I think its some of them thar prairie chickens" lol .but I couldn't answer her.

Zip, so sorry about your situation buddy. I had the same experience here when I tried to send it to you initially. I had asked how much to send a 3 oz package to your address. Was very reasonable. When I told them it was tobacco the postage went up by 6x and they said I had to fill out a customs form. So took it to the PO in the corner market close to my house and told them it was postcards, lol. Guy looked at me, said ok and stamped it. Will try to get you some more soon.
I think I'll send yours the same way buddy, and we can both cross our fingers lol

Good Morning friends.
Today I thought I'd try a little experiment.
After yearning for and finally tasting Hobbit Weed. My lord I loved it.
(Thanks again to our buddy Ranger).
I thought I'd buy from source, and get it straight from America. No problem there, and I couldn't believe how cheap it was, until I had to add postage, still OK so far, then I had to add British taxation on tobacco😡. It took the price up from £25 to almost £125. I guess you can all imagine my response to that right.
So then I thought, there must be a recipe somewhere on the net. And yes there was, Happy chappy, until I found out that the ingredients were all American, and none available in the UK. Once again faced dropped☹️.
So then I thought OK, we MUST have a UK equivalent. And I know my good mate Gawith (actually I don't know him, but would like to shake his hand).
Anyway I know he makes a lot of American blends, so passing over my wallet to Mrs Z. I sent her off to my Tobacconist. And I have just made my own. It looks good, smells somewhat similar. (pics original left, mine right)
But I will store it and let it age before sampling it. Wish me luck.
Oh oh sorry, I digress.
Smoking my Butz Choquin Rodeo, in honour of our good friend Ranger. Plugged with Condor Ready Rubbed.
Well I hope that didn't bore you to much.
Have a great day my friends.
Zippo the Blender. Ingenuity at it finest. 😀

Now smoking 7-20-4 Queen City (Briary Blends) in a 1988 smooth brown three quarter bend military mount Peterson System Standard XL 315 with a nickel cap and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. This VaPer is the first of two blends C&D tinned for Twins Smoke Shop in New Hampshire. Working on a review of this blend as I watch the Brewers-Cubs game.
Peterson_System_Standard_XL315.jpg

Did a second set of walking reps and a little yard work, and am close to finishing this bowl of 7-20-4 Queen City (Briary Blends) in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Just got a tin of the upcoming Whimsical blend by Per George Jensen for review. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
WhitePipe_Paneled_Billiard.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of the upcoming Sutliff Whimsical (Signature Series) in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Working on a review of this blend. I can't talk about yet, so please give me time to decipher this tobacco.
WhitePipe_Apple80s.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of 7-20-4 Boston Tea Party (Briary Blends) in a 1980s SMS eagle claw egg medium bend meerschaum signed by J. Boglon with a brown and cream swirl acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend, which is Basma and Izmir forward with a fair amount of white and dark burleys as well as some red and gold Virginias.
SMS_Eagle Claw-side.jpg

SMS_Eagle Claw_bottom.jpg