What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you mind posting better photos of the stampings?
The only marking it has, on the stem and shank. I thought I once saw some patent numbers, but it must have been on a different pipe.

Attachments

• 20220915_104132.jpg
    20220915_104132.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220915_104108.jpg
    20220915_104108.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Zippo, You trouble maker. Always throwing fuel on the fire as you drink Yorkshire Tea, eat Yorkshire Pudding, and pet your Yorkshire Terrier. 😂

Found the following on the internet. Thought you would enjoy the pictures. Looks like they date back to the 1920’s.View attachment 6137View attachment 6138
🤣🤣 I know right. Strange though as I'm a Cockney, born and bred in the East end of London.
I actually own the pistol, pictured bottom. But I love the shotgun too.
Can you remember the site you saw them on Sturdy. I'd love to know more about them.

Attachments

• 20220810_130822.jpg
    20220810_130822.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Good morning ,
Smoking a Pete Shamrock 01 s {bent pot} along with W O Larsen 1864 and a little bit of Yukon coffee. It was a long night at work- I thought the party would never end, the host tried to bribe me with 300 bucks to keep it going for another couple of hours,which I respectfully declined. I got home very late,could not sleep well and I`m up early. ahh,the catering business !
Sadly, In the back of my mind,I was wondering,If that bribe was set up by my idiot boss. He hates me,but his wife luvs me and she owns half the company... Sorry for the ramble!

Good morning ,
Smoking a Pete Shamrock 01 s {bent pot} along with W O Larsen 1864 and a little bit of Yukon coffee. It was a long night at work- I thought the party would never end, the host tried to bribe me with 300 bucks to keep it going for another couple of hours,which I respectfully declined. I got home very late,could not sleep well and I`m up early. ahh,the catering business !
Sadly, In the back of my mind,I was wondering,If that bribe was set up by my idiot boss. He hates me,but his wife luvs me and she owns half the company... Sorry for the ramble!
It's OK EZ, you ramble away mate. I'll get your coffee on 😆

Just this moment took delivery of Centuries American Black Raspberry. Not tried this "Bakki" before, but as you know I have a somewhat passion for sweet tasting bakki, especially during the day. At night I smoke the more traditional blends. But I digress. And so I've plugged this new bakki into a Rattrays Dark Reign 121 and going to spark up and give it a go. Report to follow.
Have a great day my friends

Attachments

• 20220915_140122.jpg
    20220915_140122.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Just this moment took delivery of Centuries American Black Raspberry. Not tried this "Bakki" before, but as you know I have a somewhat passion for sweet tasting bakki, especially during the day. At night I smoke the more traditional blends. But I digress. And so I've plugged this new bakki into a Rattrays Dark Reign 121 and going to spark up and give it a go. Report to follow.
Have a great day my friends
OK first impressions, it hit me as to how dark and how loosely chopped the tobacco was. Kind of looked like shredded tyre rubber. But the fruitiness aroma hits you as soon as you open the packet. It's obviously a roasted Cavendish, and I could detect some burley and a hint of Virginia. But the raspberry definitely hits the taste buds with a thump. There is also another fruity flavour there, that I can't identify.
Mrs Z says she can't place the room note, but adds its quite nice.
It burns slow, with very few relights, and burns to a fine ash. Overall I like it, and will be adding more to my cellar.
Will it replace Rangers Hobbit Weed as my all time bested ever favorite.
Not on your life.
But I'll score it a 7/10 nonetheless.

Y

😆. You should see the little track home community in the SF east bay that I came from. Yeah, I woke the hell up 4 years ago. The result was a plan to get over myself first. I dove into researching regenerative ag. and animal husbandry techniques… homesteading blogs and books, location… cashed ourselves out of our California interests then we dove right in. Somewhere between Cali and Missouri the beard showed up! 😃
When I lived in Little Rock for a year we used to go to a place called Mountain Home. On weekends the hillbillys would come out and sit around in groups pickin and singing. Like a remake of Brother Where Art Thou. Your photo reminds me of some of the folks I saw there, lol.

Good morning gentlemen, and Sturdy Papa. Just kidding. I'm sure you're a gentleman even if you are a self described social leper, lol. Actually I can relate. Fortunately my wife gets me. She just bought me a tee shirt that says, I like horses, dogs, and maybe 3 people, lol. Not totally true as I like all the guys on here which is more than 3. Enough rambling. Starting my day with Sutliff Crumble Kake in a Sav Hercules 606EX. Big mug of coffee of course. No birdies out yet but a couple of bunnies romping about.

Have about a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Today is Roberto Clemente Day in Major League Baseball. He was my childhood hero and he still inspires today.

MLB celebrates Roberto Clemente Day

Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Last edited:
The only marking it has, on the stem and shank. I thought I once saw some patent numbers, but it must have been on a different pipe.
That's such a generic font for the stamping that it could have been made by durn near anybody. However, it reminds me of some Mauro Armellini seconds, and I suspect that is who made it.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Larry's El Salvador Dali, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

🤣🤣 I know right. Strange though as I'm a Cockney, born and bred in the East end of London.
I actually own the pistol, pictured bottom. But I love the shotgun too.
Can you remember the site you saw them on Sturdy. I'd love to know more about them.
Zip, Both photos came off eBay at various dates and times. I knew you had the pistol model, but it’s the first time I had seen one on the original card. Thought it would be of interest to you.

Last edited: