What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GLP Triple Play in a Vauen bent Dr. Perl p-lip without filter. This is tasting mighty fine and first time for this blend in this pipe. I don't know how most decide what to smoke, but I had sort of a smell memory of good plain aged tobacco leaf, and immediately thought of this blend.Think I learned something about which pipe to use. Watching a 3/4 moon and listening to crickets.

Good evening gents. Kind of tired. Had a long day. East Farthing in a Randy Wiley freehand dublin. Still don't get the rave reviews on this. It's okay but there are better out there. Honey bourbon on the side. Quail and doves fighting over the feeder. Think the Quail are winning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221005-172425_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20221005-172425_Photo Editor.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, big tuna steak and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Watching The Bishop Murder Case starring Basil Rathbone even if he doesn't smoke a 4AB in this movie. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Just got caught up on all the new posts and you guys have been smoking the heck out of everything! Lol! After the L.J. Peretti smoke-a-thon yesterday, I decided to revert back to my codger comfort zone. Popped open my last bulging tub of Lane Limited Ready-Rubbed and stuffed my Savinelli 320 Mega. Heck yeah that was good! Later, I got a little sidetracked and forgot I loaded my Castello K31 Trademark with Carter Hall. So, when I thought I was still smoking LLRR I was actually smoking CH. I thought to myself, this tastes like a whole different tobacco in a narrow bowl. Lol. Carter Hall was holy cow good too! FYI...I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer. 😂

Starting off my smoking day with bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Plugged a large block Meershaum with Erinmore, a pipe I don't smoke too often merely because of its size. I've never been one to half fill a bowl 🤣. Had a nice delivery of Hobbit Weed from across the pond this morning, thanks to everybody's good buddy Ranger
Thanks mate, your a true friend.
Have a great day everyone.

Attachments

• 20220628_164011.jpg
    20220628_164011.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Smoking a Custombilt straight billiard with MB 7 seas regular blend , freshly brewed mug of 8 o`clock coffee. The sun is out after 4 straight days of rain. New dishwasher was installed last night, I am amazed at how quiet it runs. The wife is happy!

Good morning fellow BoBs. Beautiful morning here in the mountains. A pleasant 55 on the patio. Starting the day with CS Choctaw in a Sav Hercules bent billiard and a mug of Costa Rican coffee. EZ, I'm feeling your pain this morning. Must have pulled a muscle in my back at the ranch yesterday. Waiting for the birdies to show up.

Last of Zippos Condor. Had enough for 3/4 of a bowl in the MM general. Unlike my friend Zippo I'm not averse to less than a full bowl, lol. 3rd mug of coffee. Quail finally showed up for late breakfast. Couple in the feeder, the rest running about on the ground.

Attachments

• 20221006_090234.jpg
    20221006_090234.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
About a third of the way through this bowl of C&D Wintertime Reserve 2022: Ghost of Christmas Past in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Good morning fellow BoBs. Beautiful morning here in the mountains. A pleasant 55 on the patio. Starting the day with CS Choctaw in a Sav Hercules bent billiard and a mug of Costa Rican coffee. EZ, I'm feeling your pain this morning. Must have pulled a muscle in my back at the ranch yesterday. Waiting for the birdies to show up.
Sorry to hear about your back buddy, I hope it clears up soon

Enjoyed a tremendous Italian lunch at Giacomo's: a foot long double meat pastrami sub and an Italian foot long sub, a generous portion of their prosciutto, provolone pasta, and LOTS of tiramisu along with Italian coffee. Eat your heart out, @Ranger107 ! :)

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth burgundy 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Chippendale_(Charatan second)_Rhodesian 49.jpg

61°, windy, and getting chilly. Italian poker in a British tradition with Newminster Superior Rounds No.403 (shouts to Ranger107!). I never tried much of Mac Baren tins, so I have no recollection of Dark Twist. I don't know how accurate the comparison might be. This was surprisingly robust in the middle third of the bowl. I know the smell of the rounds in the tub is rather hefty, so I went into this thinking it might be strongish. I tasted some nice sweetness here and there, but mostly, it was 7-8 of 10 pure tobacco flavor. I thought it would be more multidimensional. I had high hopes for the dark-fired Kentucky. Not writing it off and do look forward to getting better acquainted. It just didn't hit me in any of the ways I thought it would. 7/10 overall. I hope you see this, Ranger107. Thanks again.

61°, windy, and getting chilly. Italian poker in a British tradition with Newminster Superior Rounds No.403 (shouts to Ranger107!). I never tried much of Mac Baren tins, so I have no recollection of Dark Twist. I don't know how accurate the comparison might be. This was surprisingly robust in the middle third of the bowl. I know the smell of the rounds in the tub is rather hefty, so I went into this thinking it might be strongish. I tasted some nice sweetness here and there, but mostly, it was 7-8 of 10 pure tobacco flavor. I thought it would be more multidimensional. I had high hopes for the dark-fired Kentucky. Not writing it off and do look forward to getting better acquainted. It just didn't hit me in any of the ways I thought it would. 7/10 overall. I hope you see this, Ranger107. Thanks again.
Great Post Zeno 👍