What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking GLP Bankside in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Thought I'd see how this blend does in a briar, and especially in a pot.
View attachment 6663
That's a nice wide looking pot. Bet it smokes good.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Cleaned some pipes, did the dishes, fed Suzy and Molly, and Daisy the Feral Princess. Doing a bit of editing/rewriting on my upcoming GLP Bankside review. Still need to smoke more to be sure of a few of aspects regarding the individual flavors of the varietals.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

CS Figgy Pudding in a Sav Hercules 320EX. Yorkshire Red tea on the side. Watching the birdies, Augie asleep next to my chair. Trying to ignore the guys tearing up our master bath.
How are you getting along with the cuppa yorkie Ranger my friend. I still have to smile when I think of my cowboy buddy drinking tea 😄.

After the huge success of the filter stones yesterday, I've decided to plug the Erik Nording Signature freehand again. This time I'm going to plug it with 4 stones, and my all time favourite bakki. Rangers gifted Hobbit Weed. And fit it with a Nording Churchwarden stem. (I have several different stems for this particular pipe). As i light up. I wish you all a great day my friends.

Still holding off due to irritation problems, but I'd like to post this about a guy we all would at least recognize by name: Sir Walter Raleigh. I can only speculate that he was smoking his namesake blend 😀. From a Smoking Pipes article, "Before his execution, he had a big breakfast, and he smoked one of his pipes, a clay with sterling silver band and mouthpiece. Some were scandalized that he would smoke at such a moment. But Ralegh was a pipe man, and I think we can all relate, and would choose the same."
Swede

40° and calm. Dunhill group 3 billiard shell with C&D Byzantium* w/ a sprinkle of LNF shake from the bottom of the boxes. This is always a great smoking pipe. 8/10.

*I've been wrongly calling it Byzantine for a long time, and I'm assuming people have caught my mistake but have been too kind to correct me. Sorry if I've created any confusion.

Some of Zippos gifted G&H blend in a 70s vintage Hilson Avanti Largo slight bent apple. Was going to have some Yorkshire tea with this but wifey made another half pot of coffee and I couldn't let it go to waste so having my 3rd mug, lol. We had dinner with my riding buddy and his wife last evening and this is me with their dog Marty. He loves his uncle Richie.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221027-092500_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221027-092500_Messages.jpg
    933.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221027_091250.jpg
    20221027_091250.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Some of Zippos gifted G&H blend in a 70s vintage Hilson Avanti Largo slight bent apple. Was going to have some Yorkshire tea with this but wifey made another half pot of coffee and I couldn't let it go to waste so having my 3rd mug, lol. We had dinner with my riding buddy and his wife last evening and this is me with their dog Marty. He loves his uncle Richie.
Great piccie Buddy

I've had a very busy day. Went to the dentist to get my fangs cleaned, and no cavities! M'lady and I celebrated by enjoying an off diet lunch at our favorite deli. I had a pastrami sub and an Italian sub with two pickles and potato salad. Dessert was two freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookies.

I did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Then, I smoked a bowl of GLP Bankside in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. I'm close to finishing my review of this VaPerLatDFK blend. Eight O'Clock Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Charatan_Special_pot.jpg