What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been looking through my hardly ever smoked rack. And I've chosen this vintage Ben Wade. Now im not sure what the shape is, I just call it the chimney, as the bowl is tall at 2.5 inches.
Probably why I rarely smoke it, it takes a tin of tobacco to fill it šŸ¤£. But I'm going to plug it with St. Bruno and spark it up.
Would be appreciated if anyone can tell me what this shape is.
Whatever it is I like it. If you don't want it, I'll buy it from you. I love big deep bowled pipes. My Urban Cowboy is cheap enough to keep it filled, lol.

Smoking a Jeantet bent apple ,That the mailman just delivered. Sutliff buttered rum and a bottle of Pellegrino mineral water. Wife just called to ask "whats for dinner ?" LOL! I just got done cooking for 150 people a couple of hours ago! Back to the kitchen...
Since we appointed you master chef of the chuck wagon maybe you should give up that job and join us full time on the cattle drive. $30 a month and found, lol.

Part way through this bowl of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend post-1935 KBB/Kaywoodie New England Briar Pipe Company Flagship 83B Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB NEPC_83B_Rhodesian.jpg

A few minutes away from smoking year 2012 Rolandoā€™s Own in a smooth straight early ā€˜60s Lane era ā€œWilliam Conradā€ Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

Now smoking the last of this tin of year 2022 Astleyā€™s No. 109 Medium Flake in a smooth, medium brown early Radice full bend crossgrain/bird's eye 2 dot Clear with a black acrylic tapered stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in quite a while.
Radice_2 dot Clear.jpg

Been looking through my hardly ever smoked rack. And I've chosen this vintage Ben Wade. Now im not sure what the shape is, I just call it the chimney, as the bowl is tall at 2.5 inches.
Probably why I rarely smoke it, it takes a tin of tobacco to fill it šŸ¤£. But I'm going to plug it with St. Bruno and spark it up.
Would be appreciated if anyone can tell me what this shape is.
Hey Zip,
The Danish call that shape a Reformed Chimney. I hope you enjoyed the ā€œrosesā€ (St. Bruno).

It is a small world. That's a great town, and we go there often. Some good cigar stores and a Briar & Bean with decent stock and prices. The DA's office has a tough job, and I wish him well.
In Virginia, DAā€™s are called CAā€™s and they are underpaid and overworked. Their caseloads are enormous which causes plea deals and miscarriages of justice in my humble opinion. Itā€™s not their fault, itā€™s just the system is broken. I hope things work better in Tennessee.

The last of five year old Bayou Morning which had to be rehydrated in the same Lorenzo. It's not bad, but has a perfumy aspect that's not expected or wanted. Must be a topping or maybe contamination in storage. I'd likely not buy again, rather go for a GLP VaPer instead. Drinking 8 o'clock coffee with cream.

The last of five year old Bayou Morning which had to be rehydrated in the same Lorenzo. It's not bad, but has a perfumy aspect that's not expected or wanted. Must be a topping or maybe contamination in storage. I'd likely not buy again, rather go for a GLP VaPer instead. Drinking 8 o'clock coffee with cream.
Reminds me that I have some Bayou Morning in my stash somewhere. Will have to look for it.

Up early again. Well,, not early, same time, just seems early as it is still dark when I head out to the patio with pipe and coffee. Having CS Choctaw in a Don Carlos bent brandy. Going to a luncheon with the wife today. Her Republican Women's group is treating us veterans to a Thanksgiving type lunch. Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, etc.

Up early again. Well,, not early, same time, just seems early as it is still dark when I head out to the patio with pipe and coffee. Having CS Choctaw in a Don Carlos bent brandy. Going to a luncheon with the wife today. Her Republican Women's group is treating us veterans to a Thanksgiving type lunch. Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, etc.
Sounds yummy, have a great time buddy