What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
34°, breezy, and clear. Stanwell with new Night Train. A very nice morning smoke. 8/10

Sturdy Papa 359, is that Castello a Pi? It has a lot going on, with the smooth and carved and green stem. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention to Castello, but it's been a while since I remember seeing a green stemmed Castello. I like colored stems, even when they get on the gaudy side. Not that I find that one gaudy. I'm thinking Ardor here.

Sturdy Papa 359

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
34°, breezy, and clear. Stanwell with new Night Train. A very nice morning smoke. 8/10

Sturdy Papa 359, is that Castello a Pi? It has a lot going on, with the smooth and carved and green stem. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention to Castello, but it's been a while since I remember seeing a green stemmed Castello. I like colored stems, even when they get on the gaudy side. Not that I find that one gaudy. I'm thinking Ardor here.
Zeno, Today this would be a Pi Castello, but this pipe is pre-1969 and marked Carlo Scotti K31 Trademark. I have a brown Sea Rock Lumberman with a butterscotch stem too. I haven’t smoked it because it’s too dang pretty! Let me know if you want a picture of it.

Last edited:

JimInks

Reaction score
About a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Ranger107

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Home from the ranch. Rode the boys for an hour or so. They liked the attention, and the treats at end, lol. Some CS Rivendell in a rarely smoked Sav Big Nine square paneled billiard, a 513KS. Has a tendency to get hot after mid bowl. A quality not shared with any of my other Savs but I guess considering they make thousands of pipes a year getting a less than perfect one is nor that unusual. Oh, hot English black tea on the side.

JimInks

Reaction score
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

JimInks

Reaction score
Just passing the half way point of this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Reading conflicting testimony about JFK's murder from eyewitnesses. All these years later, it's still hard to know what exactly happened.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

JimInks

Reaction score
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Staying with diet maintenance so I can pig out on Thanksgiving. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

JimInks

Reaction score
Now smoking year 2016 Newminister 400 Superior Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching a documentary on George Washington as a young man. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
1948_Parker_patent 23 bulldog..jpg