What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The goto glorious Hobbit Weed in a Savinelli Leonardo 74/500. Sublime marriage of leaf and briar. Won't be long now, and I'll be off to the British Legion, helping to serve up Christmas Dinner to the not so fortunate vets. Then it's music and dance for the evening. I'll do a couple of wheelies in my chair, as I head toward the door for a crafty puff lol.

About a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. I'm looking to see if I finally got the Bob's Chocolate ghost out of this meer. Folger's Black Silk, neat, is my drink. A friend bought me over a few cups worth to see what I thought of it.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Now smoking year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a smooth dark brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam 340 patent billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Checking this against smoking this blend in the meer to see if the ghost had much effect.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_340billard.jpg

Smoking a DePaja bent brandy with Capt. black gold and a Newmans k-cup. Good day,got outside awhile,did some Christmas shopping. Ran both of the cars a few miles to keep them charged up. Cold front moving in,supposed to be in the teens for the next couple of days here... still not feeling great though.

Closing in on the half way point of this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1980 smooth walnut finish quarter bend Peterson 505 Rhodesian silver spigot military mount with a black vulcanite saddle stem fishtail bit. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_505_Rhodesian_SSpigot.jpg

Another something different pre dinner. Watch City Terrapin Station in an I. Baglin carved meer. Tazo orange tea aside. Got my pipe knife today that Swede turned us onto. Figured for the price it would be a cheap knockoff, but by golly it says Sheffield England right on the blade. Appears very well made. Didn't need it but hey, why not, lol. Got to the ranch early and caught the boys sleeping in. Of course they got up soon as wifey showed up with treats. Lol.

Attachments

• 20221221_174000.jpg
    20221221_174000.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221221_094342.jpg
    20221221_094342.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221221_174752_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221_174752_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221221_174622_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221_174622_Gallery.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221221_174622_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221_174622_Gallery.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 0
The goto glorious Hobbit Weed in a Savinelli Leonardo 74/500. Sublime marriage of leaf and briar. Won't be long now, and I'll be off to the British Legion, helping to serve up Christmas Dinner to the not so fortunate vets. Then it's music and dance for the evening. I'll do a couple of wheelies in my chair, as I head toward the door for a crafty puff lol.
Good on you Zip. I'll be doing the same thing at USVETS on Friday and Saturday. Serving Christmas dinner to homeless vets.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs, and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a third of a bowl left of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Matching pipes to four KBV beta test blends.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Barling_249.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Good morning everybody. I thought I'd start today of with some of my Zippo Blended Hobbit Weed Emulation. In a rusticated Petersons Donegal Rocky. Which reminds me, Ranger have you tried your Self Blended HW yet.
Have a great day everybody, and as they say over on that side of the pond. Happy Holidays.

Good morning everyone. Hobbits Weed in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy with a big mug of CR coffee. An almost balmy 35 on the patio with no wind. Zippo, not yet. Wanted to let it meld for at least a couple of months. Still trying to think of a good name for it. Zippos Merry Old English Blend, Zippos Old Blighty Weed, ??? Lol.

Trying some of Zippos suggested HW clone in a Sav Hercules 320EX. Been jarred 3 weeks now. You're right Zippo, it's not HW but pretty good in it's own right. But I do think it needs more time to "marry". Not picking up much of the cherry. Think I'll let it sit for another 3/4 weeks. Still, not bad as is and goes good with the CR coffee.

Trying some of Zippos suggested HW clone in a Sav Hercules 320EX. Been jarred 3 weeks now. You're right Zippo, it's not HW but pretty good in it's own right. But I do think it needs more time to "marry". Not picking up much of the cherry. Think I'll let it sit for another 3/4 weeks. Still, not bad as is and goes good with the CR coffee.
Yep your right buddy, it's not the real McCoy. But I actually like it, and it does improve with age.
Did you blend it with laine & Sutliff

Although I must have caught Zippo's cold, I'm having some Amphora original in a MM Diplomat bent apple with a freshly scraped bowl using that new Sheffield pipe knife. I still am able to smell and taste, and negative for that unmentionable virus. Typhoo extra strong tea milk and honey to drink.
Sorry you got my cold Swede mate, it's a right bad en ain't it. Hope you feel better soon buddy