What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a heavy snow fall even the sound of distant traffic has vanished. In this quiet heavy, stillness, I can enjoy my Savinelli primed with Erinmore Flake with a large hot black coffee.
Pipe6.JPG
PC210035.JPG

About a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo. My first set of walking reps is rained out, and it's iffy whether or not the rain will allow any walking today.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

The rain finally stopped, so I got in a set of walking reps on the cold, slick ground, and am close to finishing this bowl of unreleased Sutliff VaPer in a 1970's straight rusticated black Savinelli Estella 915 KS dublin with a flared top and pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Estella_915KS_dublin .jpg

Yep your right buddy, it's not the real McCoy. But I actually like it, and it does improve with age.
Did you blend it with laine & Sutliff
Yep, per your recipe. Going to let it age a bit longer. Thinking I might add a little more Very Cherry in small increments to see if I can up the taste a smidgen.

About a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo. My first set of walking reps is rained out, and it's iffy whether or not the rain will allow any walking today.
View attachment 7405
Raincoat and galoshes??? Or, oilskin duster and boots if you want to go western on us. Lol.

Hi Ranger: you mentioned that you got some Condor. I used to smoke that many years ago - unobtainable now. How do you like it and what is it’s closest comparis on? Many Thank. Surrey

Some CS Shepherds Pie in a Randy Wiley grade 99 freehand dublin before dinner. FMOTT used to be my go to English, but I'm hoarding my last 2 tins. Can't say this is better but it's certainly a worthy substitute.

Some CS Shepherds Pie in a Randy Wiley grade 99 freehand dublin before dinner. FMOTT used to be my go to English, but I'm hoarding my last 2 tins. Can't say this is better but it's certainly a worthy substitute.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout, and snow peas dinner with cherries for dessert. I'm smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Getting ready to clean some pipes.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Sounds like we all got rain today, I'm in the high desert in Oregon so we rarely see the stuff and considering it was 10 degrees this time last week, I'm having a hard time believing it. I love the rain though, so I skipped smoking inside so I could have an excuse to listen to the rain and smoke like a sailor for the first time, it burns through the tobacco too fast for me, but it works! I made a fire afterwards and it was a much-needed slow and cozy night after dealing with the rude people that fill every shop this time of year.

author rain.jpgjanie.jpg

Good morning everyone. An almost balmy 38 on the patio, with no wind. My go to Urban Cowboy in the fav Don Carlos huge 1/2 bent dublin with a big mug of strong cowboy coffee. Pretty quiet except for the trash truck going round. Funky looking sunrise this morning. Life is good.

Attachments

• 20221223_073910.jpg
    20221223_073910.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Hey Zippo, how you doing buddy? Over the cold yet? Hope you're feeling better soon and can get back to piping with us. Kalahi says hi.
Still struggling with the cold, and it's given me a nasty cough, so laying low on the pipe right now. (strokes Kals forelock and feeds some carrots) Busy at the moment getting ready for my regimental vets dinner tonight organising decs and stuff, nothing better than sitting in my chair barking orders lol. Also so looking forward to seeing some old Brothers in arms.

Attachments

• Clubhouse.jpeg
    Clubhouse.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 0