What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A minute or two away from smoking year 2014 Astley’s No. 109 Medium Flake in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LB Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1963_LB_billiard.jpg

I was really looking forward to smoking this one. Popped the tin didnt really like the smell and the room note was mmm ok.
Smoked well, no bite and stayed lite. The first tin I have not been fussed about for years felt a little sick afterwards. Smoked in a bent Falcon,apple.
I have been smoking the 2 bengal slices and the 2 capstans for a month or more that might be the problem. Ill stick with it maybe change pipes I am not an expert and still trying to appreciate all the ingredients,blends and toppings so I am not poo pooing it :confused:
1675040894309.png

Finally jarred my baggie of CS Northwest Trek and loaded a bowl in my Sav Hercules 320EX, the only author shape I have, unlike Jim, who probably has 20 or so. Jim Beam 1795 bourbon to pair. Good match up. I like this better than Boswell Northwoods, maybe because of the burley complement. Anyway, great apres diner smoke. Night falling, quiet, peaceful. Wishing I had a hot tub to mellow out in, lol.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, big slab of salmon and sugar snap peas with six pieces of baklava for dessert. I'm smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. M'lady and I are watching a few Rathbone-Bruce Sherlock Holmes movies this evening, so I am smoking 4ABs as I did last Saturday. Currently watching The Pearl of Death. English tea, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Finally jarred my baggie of CS Northwest Trek and loaded a bowl in my Sav Hercules 320EX, the only author shape I have, unlike Jim, who probably has 20 or so. Jim Beam 1795 bourbon to pair. Good match up. I like this better than Boswell Northwoods, maybe because of the burley complement. Anyway, great apres diner smoke. Night falling, quiet, peaceful. Wishing I had a hot tub to mellow out in, lol.
I have thirteen author shape pipes, but only three are Savinellis unless you count my Rossi which was made by Savinelli. That would make four. The author shape is a favorite of mine, and I do wish I had one made by Dunhill.

Last edited:
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Getting ready to watch Sherlock Holmes Faces Death.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am nearing the half way mark on this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Getting ready to watch one more Rathbone movie: The Voice of Terror.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Rust_left.jpg

Good morning,
First, Welcome home Zippo, My prayers were answered ! Sorry that I am late to the party,as I see you and the gang were posting yesterday! Starting my day with a Brebbia bent Rhodesian and Sutliff creme brulee and a mug of CR coffee. Cloudy,chilly day 35 degrees here.

Good morning everyone, and a special hello to Zippo. So glad you,'re back my friend. Just finished up a bowl of Storm Front in the Sav Hercules 606EX with my first mug of coffee. Had a light rain overnight so probably no riding today, will just go out and check on the boys. Trying to decide on a second bowl.

C&D Billy Budd in a Pete Xmas 2021 Deerstalker and a 2nd mug of CR coffee. Have to say I like this better than Storm Front. The cigar leaf is smoother and just the right amount of Latakia for an early morning smoke. Also smokes cooler than SF. Gray clouds and overcast hiding the sun but a fairly pleasant 40 on the patio with no wind.

Good Morning my friends.
I seemed to overdo it yesterday, pufferating on our buddy Rangers wonderful gifted Rivendell. OMG it was beautiful, I would smoke that all day long. However after finishing the bowl, Mrs Z came into my den, took one look at me and said, right Mister back to bed. I was still protesting when my head hit the pillow and I went out like a light lol.
Anyway enough of all that...Ranger my friend, Rivendell is positively gorgeous and I love it. Thank you so much buddy. Today I'm going to plug it in a vintage Petersons a K&P standard system 317. To start with at least 😂
Have a great day my friends.

It's 19F outside so I'm doing my morning walk inside, on the treadmill. Smoking some John Dengler 1917 in my billiard meerschaum. It's a very nice vanilla/caramel blend that goes great with a cup of coffee. I love it in the mornings but often forget to set it out the night before for the necessary drying time.